Osgoode

Is Windsor getting a new Law School building?

7 posts in this topic

I miss Windsor, I grew up there and did my undergrad there. Part of the reason why I left was because the school had ugly infrastructure. I just visited some of my old profs today and they said the law faculty might be moving to a new building in the near future. Check the link below. Can anyone confirm this? I lost connection with all of my Windsor friends. How soon will this be?

http://windsorstar.com/news/universitys-law-school-moving-closer-to-locating-inside-paul-martin-building

Also WTF Windsor. The campus looks so different now. Huge new engineering building, Sunset avenue closed off and beautiful, downtown campus, welcome center, and that entrepreneur center thing. Fuck me, I wish we had all of that when I went there. Looks like things are look good for uWin.

2 people like this

Cool! I did my undergrad at Windsor as well and am headed there in the Fall for my first year of law school. I started my undergrad there 5 years ago and saw the "beautification" of the campus over the last couple of years. However, the improvements were a bit of a hot topic the last year i was there with the Welcome Centre being built. Many thought it was a waste of money because of the many other buildings that needed an upgrade. It does look significantly better than when i first started there, although some would ask at what cost... On the other hand, I think a new law building would be great, but i am biased :P

Yes I can confirm as far as I know the law school is moving. They're in the process of receiving funding, so it will likely take several years, but one day.... those lucky future law students.

Yes I can confirm as far as I know the law school is moving. They're in the process of receiving funding, so it will likely take several years, but one day.... those lucky future law students.

They will feel the same way one day too. As they are leaving the next generation of students will be getting something new.

Cool! I did my undergrad at Windsor as well and am headed there in the Fall for my first year of law school. I started my undergrad there 5 years ago and saw the "beautification" of the campus over the last couple of years. However, the improvements were a bit of a hot topic the last year i was there with the Welcome Centre being built. Many thought it was a waste of money because of the many other buildings that needed an upgrade. It does look significantly better than when i first started there, although some would ask at what cost... On the other hand, I think a new law building would be great, but i am biased :P

The university has changed drastically since I was a kid. I lived 5 minutes from the University and it was probably half the size/half as good as it is today. Where the engineering building is today used to be an elementary school, the parking lot a soccer field. I just really hope they tear down that cancerous bridge. It's too close to everything! It will never happen, the guy who owns it makes billions every year from it. I also have mixed feelings about the downtown campus; it does look nice.

The university has changed drastically since I was a kid. I lived 5 minutes from the University and it was probably half the size/half as good as it is today. Where the engineering building is today used to be an elementary school, the parking lot a soccer field. I just really hope they tear down that cancerous bridge. It's too close to everything! It will never happen, the guy who owns it makes billions every year from it. I also have mixed feelings about the downtown campus; it does look nice.

The engineering building is beautiful inside and the Schulich Med school is pretty nice as well although not as new. I remember about a year or two ago getting an e-mail letting all students know about what construction projects were coming up (what would be closed off, change in walkpaths and landscape, and so on). If i am not mistaken there is still more revamping to come based on that e-mail.

They will be moving downtown eventually .. maybe the current crop of 1Ls will see that move, most likely they won't. This has been in the works for years.

The engineering building is beautiful inside and the Schulich Med school is pretty nice as well although not as new. I remember about a year or two ago getting an e-mail letting all students know about what construction projects were coming up (what would be closed off, change in walkpaths and landscape, and so on). If i am not mistaken there is still more revamping to come based on that e-mail.

I've studies in the Engineering building, it's great!