Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

Hi I was waitlisted months back and it seems as though there isn't much movement on the waitlist from the previous comments above.

Just wondering though, what're the chances of being admitted off the waitlist despite it being well into July already? Should I keep my hopes high or find an alternative way to spend this coming year...

Looking at last year thread, some people got in mid August.

#77 hsaid

hsaid
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:15 AM

Does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlists? Got accepted to TRU (BC resident) and want to give up my spot hopefully to a fellow LS.er!

#78 pzabbythesecond

pzabbythesecond
  • Members
  • 480 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

Edit: triple (!) Post

Edited by pzabbythesecond, 26 July 2016 - 10:01 AM.

#79 pzabbythesecond

pzabbythesecond
  • Members
  • 480 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Edit: Triple (!) Post

Edited by pzabbythesecond, 26 July 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#80 pzabbythesecond

pzabbythesecond
  • Members
  • 480 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlists? Got accepted to TRU (BC resident) and want to give up my spot hopefully to a fellow LS.er!

Edit: read it in the context of another thread. Though, I assume email would work. No first hand experience though.

Edited by pzabbythesecond, 26 July 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#81 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

Anyone know: is western and/or other Ontario schools able to see (and likely to react to) other school acceptances regarding their waitlist policy? Put another way: will my having made a firm acceptance (apparently 'no provisional acceptances available' anymore) at Windsor immediately remove me from Westerns waitlist?

Edited by Archibald, 26 July 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#82 JusticeMcBoob

JusticeMcBoob
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

Anyone know: is western and/or other Ontario schools able to see (and likely to react to) other school acceptances regarding their waitlist policy? Put another way: will my having made a firm acceptance (apparently 'no provisional acceptances available' anymore) at Windsor immediately remove me from Westerns waitlist?

Hi, sorry to inform you that any waitlisted positions you had at an Ontario school were cancelled after July 2nd once your provisional acceptance at Windsor became firm... Hope this helps!

#83 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hi, sorry to inform you that any waitlisted positions you had at an Ontario school were cancelled after July 2nd once your provisional acceptance at Windsor became firm... Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the the case but I was only accepted a few days ago so I wondered if that made any difference - my bad for not mentioning that. My acceptance letter explained that I could accept provisionally so I'm thinking that's probably just something they forgot to remove from acceptance letters given out after July 2. Thanks again.

#84 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

Class is full. Removed from waitlist.