Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 Kfirnik

Kfirnik
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what is your L2?

Not exactly sure, considering I took full-time summer courses, and year long courses, so no calculation would be completely accurate, but I would say between a 3.5-3.6.

#52 erfolg

erfolg
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

Does anyone know when Western usually begins accepting people off of the waitlist?

#53 Imtiaz

Imtiaz
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

Does anyone know when Western usually begins accepting people off of the waitlist?

Danielle couldn't give me a firm answer but she said its possible for some to hear back this month and all the way up to August

#54 erfolg

erfolg
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:45 AM

Danielle couldn't give me a firm answer but she said its possible for some to hear back this month and all the way up to August

#55 lawschool4life

lawschool4life
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

I'd expect movement next week. Western gave me until tomorrow to pay my deposit after they noticed I had not paid.

I have no intention of paying and let them know that.

Best of luck

#56 tash92

tash92
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:57 AM

Put on the waitlist at the end of April and haven't heard anything, just wondering if anyone has heard back who was put on the waitlist around that time too? 

#57 MMvl4

MMvl4
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:27 AM

Received a call from Danielle this morning. In off of the waitlist!

Here's hoping a bunch of spots opened up this week and good luck to anyone still waiting!

• S.U. likes this

#58 Beepboop777

Beepboop777
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

Here's hoping a bunch of spots opened up this week and good luck to anyone still waiting!

Congrats!!! Did your status on the online Student Centre update already?!

#59 erfolg

erfolg
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing. Hope I hear back soon :)

• MMvl4 likes this

#60 erfolg

erfolg
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

Danielle called me at 5:30 this evening to let me know I was accepted off of the waitlist!!

• Mustang93 likes this

#61 Beepboop777

Beepboop777
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

Danielle called me at 5:30 this evening to let me know I was accepted off of the waitlist!!

Amazing! Congrats! Do you know if your online student centre updated?

#62 OG1010

OG1010
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

Also in today off the waitlist. I received a call mid afternoon but my student centre has not updated. 

Stats for those interested: 3.5 cgpa, 3.7 b2, 162.

Will be declining, best of luck to everyone!

#63 erfolg

erfolg
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

Amazing! Congrats! Do you know if your online student centre updated?

Thank you! I just checked now, it still hasnt

#64 MMvl4

MMvl4
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

Thats awesome! Didn't have to wait long!

• erfolg likes this

#65 Namiko

Namiko
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

Congrats!! Really hoping there is enough time and space left for another small wave of waitlist acceptances before July 1st!

#66 benschnell

benschnell
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:14 AM

To those on the waitlist, I've heard from a lot of people that its moving now so depending where you are on it you may hear soon-

To those on the waitlist that have been given offers but know you are declining, please tell Admissions this! If you know you are declining the offer but do not tell Admissions ASAP, the offer is processed and the package gets mailed out and there is a whole delay in proceedings that will just stall for other waitlisted people. AKA whoever might take your place off of the waitlist might end up waiting a week or two to hear from Admissions when they could hear now. If you know you're declining please be respectful to everyone else and decline as soon as you can.

• tash92 likes this

#67 benschnell

benschnell
  • Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

Congrats!! Really hoping there is enough time and space left for another small wave of waitlist acceptances before July 1st!

To tack on to my post above, the waitlist offers from this point out go out on a rolling basis depending on the responses to them. Some people that are waitlisted might have made other plans at this point and will not be accepting their offers. If these people are above you on the waitlist, their acceptance or decline is the contingency that affects your receipt of an offer. There is time and space before July 1, but it depends where you are on the waitlist and how prompt these people ahead of you (if there are such people) are with their responses. Hopefully people reply quickly. As alluded to above by other posters, it sounds as though there were a bunch of offers earlier in the week.

• tash92 likes this

#68 Namiko

Namiko
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

...Okay then please please please friends respond to your wait list offers quickly to give other people a chance to hear back before July 1st!!!! (congrats though lol)

#69 SEK

SEK
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

Does anyone know if they are still accepting people off of their waitlist? 

#70 ShoeLane

ShoeLane
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:39 PM

Just emailed them, lets see if I get any information, will disseminate when I get the chance. 

#71 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

Just emailed them, lets see if I get any information, will disseminate when I get the chance. 

no response yet?

#72 ShoeLane

ShoeLane
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

no response yet?

Nope... looking grim ahahah

#73 SidneyCrosby

SidneyCrosby
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:17 PM

Question for you guys. Does Western take all of your 4th year grades into account if you guys are in 4th year and have submitted the grades?

#74 ShoeLane

ShoeLane
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Got an email back. Not much movement on the waitlist but "it's possible this will change in time", and "the most qualified student on the waitlist at that time – determined on a holistic basis and having regard to all our admissions criteria – is contacted."

meh. 

#75 lawstudent1012

lawstudent1012
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

Hi I was waitlisted months back and it seems as though there isn't much movement on the waitlist from the previous comments above. 

Just wondering though, what're the chances of being admitted off the waitlist despite it being well into July already? Should I keep my hopes high or find an alternative way to spend this coming year...