optionsplease

Waitlist 2016

84 posts in this topic

Danielle called me at 5:30 this evening to let me know I was accepted off of the waitlist!!

Amazing! Congrats! Do you know if your online student centre updated?

Also in today off the waitlist. I received a call mid afternoon but my student centre has not updated. 

Stats for those interested: 3.5 cgpa, 3.7 b2, 162.

Will be declining, best of luck to everyone!

Amazing! Congrats! Do you know if your online student centre updated?

Thank you! I just checked now, it still hasnt

Danielle called me at 5:30 this evening to let me know I was accepted off of the waitlist!!

Thats awesome! Didn't have to wait long!

1 person likes this

Congrats!! Really hoping there is enough time and space left for another small wave of waitlist acceptances before July 1st!

To those on the waitlist, I've heard from a lot of people that its moving now so depending where you are on it you may hear soon-

To those on the waitlist that have been given offers but know you are declining, please tell Admissions this! If you know you are declining the offer but do not tell Admissions ASAP, the offer is processed and the package gets mailed out and there is a whole delay in proceedings that will just stall for other waitlisted people. AKA whoever might take your place off of the waitlist might end up waiting a week or two to hear from Admissions when they could hear now. If you know you're declining please be respectful to everyone else and decline as soon as you can.

1 person likes this

Congrats!! Really hoping there is enough time and space left for another small wave of waitlist acceptances before July 1st!

To tack on to my post above, the waitlist offers from this point out go out on a rolling basis depending on the responses to them. Some people that are waitlisted might have made other plans at this point and will not be accepting their offers. If these people are above you on the waitlist, their acceptance or decline is the contingency that affects your receipt of an offer. There is time and space before July 1, but it depends where you are on the waitlist and how prompt these people ahead of you (if there are such people) are with their responses. Hopefully people reply quickly. As alluded to above by other posters, it sounds as though there were a bunch of offers earlier in the week.

1 person likes this

...Okay then please please please friends respond to your wait list offers quickly to give other people a chance to hear back before July 1st!!!! (congrats though lol)

Just emailed them, lets see if I get any information, will disseminate when I get the chance. 

no response yet?

Question for you guys. Does Western take all of your 4th year grades into account if you guys are in 4th year and have submitted the grades?

Got an email back. Not much movement on the waitlist but "it's possible this will change in time", and "the most qualified student on the waitlist at that time – determined on a holistic basis and having regard to all our admissions criteria – is contacted."

meh. 

Hi I was waitlisted months back and it seems as though there isn't much movement on the waitlist from the previous comments above. 

Just wondering though, what're the chances of being admitted off the waitlist despite it being well into July already? Should I keep my hopes high or find an alternative way to spend this coming year...

Hi I was waitlisted months back and it seems as though there isn't much movement on the waitlist from the previous comments above.

Just wondering though, what're the chances of being admitted off the waitlist despite it being well into July already? Should I keep my hopes high or find an alternative way to spend this coming year...

Looking at last year thread, some people got in mid August.

Does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlists? Got accepted to TRU (BC resident) and want to give up my spot hopefully to a fellow LS.er!

Does anyone know how to withdraw from the waitlists? Got accepted to TRU (BC resident) and want to give up my spot hopefully to a fellow LS.er!

Edit: read it in the context of another thread. Though, I assume email would work. No first hand experience though.

Edited by pzabbythesecond