optionsplease

Waitlist 2016

84 posts in this topic

Hey thanks for posting. Did you get an email? Or just check on the UWO student centre thing?

I saw it on student centre first and then got an email about it a couple hours later.

I just got off the phone with Danielle. She said that although she could not give me details, they have sent out most of their offers and will not be sending out more until people start rejecting. She also said that there are people who have not been waitlisted or accepted/rejected. These people are in fact ahead of the people who have been placed on the waitlist. She seemed to say that these applicants will be the ones given first priority to spots that open up until other applicants start declining offers in June/July.

I just got off the phone with Danielle. She said that although she could not give me details, they have sent out most of their offers and will not be sending out more until people start rejecting. She also said that there are people who have not been waitlisted or accepted/rejected. These people are in fact ahead of the people who have been placed on the waitlist. She seemed to say that these applicants will be the ones given first priority to spots that open up until other applicants start declining offers in June/July.

Did she confirm that those students whose status still reads "Applied" will be ahead of those on priority than those who have been wait listed? She's been very vague in my conversations with her, so I'm surprised she said that to you.

Was she explicitly clear when she said that?

My status still says Applied so I'm sort of hoping that's true. 

Did she confirm that those students whose status still reads "Applied" will be ahead of those on priority than those who have been wait listed? She's been very vague in my conversations with her, so I'm surprised she said that to you.

Was she explicitly clear when she said that?

My status still says Applied so I'm sort of hoping that's true. 

No she did not explicitly say it but when I asked if there were people who would get in whose status still says "Applied" before people who were waitlisted she said yes. Looking at previous years it seems that people who were not waitlisted have gotten in before those who were in May/June. But it also seems as though there were people who went from a status of "Applied" to "Rejected" in May/June without being waitlisted. It also looks like they send out waitlist status updates in waves over multiple weeks. So at this point it is hard to tell what the best situation to be waiting in is...

No she did not explicitly say it but when I asked if there were people who would get in whose status still says "Applied" before people who were waitlisted she said yes. Looking at previous years it seems that people who were not waitlisted have gotten in before those who were in May/June. But it also seems as though there were people who went from a status of "Applied" to "Rejected" in May/June without being waitlisted. It also looks like they send out waitlist status updates in waves over multiple weeks. So at this point it is hard to tell what the best situation to be waiting in is...

In her email to me she said that all decisions would be made in the next 3 weeks (they're ahead of schedule on this) so the wait shouldn't be that long.

This is a quote from the email she sent me when I was inquiring about my "Applied" student status:

"This means your application is still under active consideration.  Files are being reviewed right up until May 31st.  We are ahead of schedule, however, and expect to have all decisions made within the next three weeks."

This is the best news I heard for a while. Thank you.

1 person likes this

2.95 cgpa
3.57 L2 (3.92 final year)
168 LSAT

Access. Medical documentation & diagnosis explaining first ~2 years. Steep upwards trend as I overcame my health situation. ECs were OK - some school involvement and part time jobs. Letters were very strong IMO and I put a lot of time into my statement, but I guess everyone feels that way. I'm also very ~D i V e R s E~ if that means anything lol.

To be honest I'm a bit bummed about the news. I'd hoped the 3.57 L2, 3.9 final year and 168 LSAT would make me a competitive access applicant considering my documentation. Guess it was wishful thinking! Good luck everyone. :) 

Hey, how did you find out? Thanks and good luck!!

Checked the student centre, it said applied. Checked it again after half an hour it said waitlist. Thanks you too.

Waitlisted today (checked online) 

Lsat - 159

OLSAS cgpa - 3.68

L2 (self-calc) - 3.93

Will be declining. 

Just waitlisted. 3.1 cGPA, 3.3 L2, 162 LSAT. UGHHH :( :( :( does anyone know how acceptances off the waitlist work?

Edited by Beepboop777

Just waitlisted. 3.1 cGPA, 3.3 L2, 162 LSAT. UGHHH :( :( :( does anyone know how acceptances off the waitlist work?

I have similar stats and was waitlisted today as well, would be interested to know how large the waitlist pool is. 

Waitlisted this evening:

3.3 CGPA, ~3.9 L2, (however, have not submitted this semester's marks), 159

For those wondering, I received an email to check the student centre and my letter was attached there!

Edited by erfolg

Waitlisted yesterday.  Do you guys know when Western typically start moving people from waitlist? 

Wait listed yesterday.

LSAT 158

CGPA 3.78

I won't be staying on this wait list, gonna go for Queen's. Best of luck to all of you! 

Waitlist Accepted Yesterday.

I provisionally accepted an offer at a different school in Ontario around mid-April. Can I still keep that provisional acceptance but remain on the Waitlist for UWO? 

Waitlist Accepted Yesterday.

I provisionally accepted an offer at a different school in Ontario around mid-April. Can I still keep that provisional acceptance but remain on the Waitlist for UWO? 

Try contacting Western, they may have an odd rule where you may be dropped from the waitlist with an accepted offer. Just check to confirm with them and ask if there is anything you need to do to indicate continued interest at Western

Try contacting Western, they may have an odd rule where you may be dropped from the waitlist with an accepted offer. Just check to confirm with them and ask if there is anything you need to do to indicate continued interest at Western

I've been provisionally accepted at Windsor for a week and just got waitlisted at Western, so I'd assume they wouldn't bother putting me on the list in the first place if I wasn't allowed to do both.