Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 optionsplease

optionsplease
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

Waitlisted as of today, checked the infoweb. It says Waitlist Accepted, and a blue square icon next to it. There is also a link provided leading to a waitlist letter, and a request to stay on the waitlist that I have to send in either through mail or e-mail by May 11. 

3.2 cgpa

161 (highest)

#2 mnrmm

mnrmm
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:56 PM

Also waitlisted today. 

I used to think that getting waitlisted is good progress but that letter didn't sound too good. Not sure how to take it. 

thoughts? 

#3 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

Wait listed as well today.. Sub 3 GPA, 169 LSAT.. Would be thrilled to get in.. No acceptances yet......

#4 Cruizer

Cruizer
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Waitlisted

3.5 L2

163 LSAT

Compelling Personal Statement (IMO)

#5 Imtiaz

Imtiaz
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:09 PM

Wait listed today

3.75 cGPA (L2 roughly the same, higher if they include marks from this semester in their evaluation)
158 LSAT

Okay personal statement, solid LORs and good ECs (executive and president of multiple clubs)

Edited by Imtiaz, 20 April 2016 - 05:10 PM.

#6 Imtiaz

Imtiaz
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

Wait listed as well today.. Sub 3 GPA, 169 LSAT.. Would be thrilled to get in.. No acceptances yet......

You have a really solid chance of getting somewhere, that LSAT has the ability to make you extremely competitive at many schools

#7 CET16

CET16
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

Wait listed today as well. 3.51 GPA, 159 LSAT

#8 lambere

lambere
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

Me too

#9 lawhopefulcanada

lawhopefulcanada
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

waitlisted earlier today

166 lsat (only try)

3.76 l2/b2 (83.1%)

3.35 cgpa (79%)

• lawschool4life likes this

#10 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

You have a really solid chance of getting somewhere, that LSAT has the ability to make you extremely competitive at many schools

Thanks for the confidence boost! Lol, I hope you're right....

#11 Imtiaz

Imtiaz
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

waitlisted earlier today

166 lsat (only try)

3.76 l2/b2 (83.1%)

3.35 cgpa (79%)

What in the world, how are you on wait list. I know people who have been accepted with far lower stats than you, especially with that gpa

#12 lawschool4life

lawschool4life
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

Yup. My stats are very similar and I was accepted in November. Crazy. I'll be rejecting soon.

#13 erfolg

erfolg
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

I'm nervous after seeing this waitlisted thread, as my status still says "applied" and my stats are somewhat similar/ a bit lower to the ones being posted here, do you think that this is a bad sign? Also, could it have something to do with the fact I am still in my last semester of undergrad so they might be waiting to see my final marks, or have other people who have been waitlisted also not finished undergrad? Any insight would be appreciated :)

#14 Imtiaz

Imtiaz
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:34 PM

I'm nervous after seeing this waitlisted thread, as my status still says "applied" and my stats are somewhat similar/ a bit lower to the ones being posted here, do you think that this is a bad sign? Also, could it have something to do with the fact I am still in my last semester of undergrad so they might be waiting to see my final marks, or have other people who have been waitlisted also not finished undergrad? Any insight would be appreciated :)

I have not finished undergrad and I have gotten the message, they may be sending the message out in waves. They don't actually require confirmation until May 11 whether you want to stay on the list so maybe they did the first round of emails

#15 erfolg

erfolg
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

I have not finished undergrad and I have gotten the message, they may be sending the message out in waves. They don't actually require confirmation until May 11 whether you want to stay on the list so maybe they did the first round of emails

That would make sense! Thank you :)

#16 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

you're in your 3rd year?

#17 Imtiaz

Imtiaz
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

you're in your 3rd year?

Nope fourth year, wrapping up my undergrad by the end of the month

#18 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:03 PM

I have finished undegrad and my status still says applied.

#19 gojaysgo18

gojaysgo18
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

Waitlisted today

3.42 cGPA

3.72 L2

160 LSAT

#20 Beepboop777

Beepboop777
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

Waitlisted today

3.42 cGPA
3.72 L2
160 LSAT

Hey thanks for posting. Did you get an email? Or just check on the UWO student centre thing?

#21 gojaysgo18

gojaysgo18
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:50 PM

Hey thanks for posting. Did you get an email? Or just check on the UWO student centre thing?

I saw it on student centre first and then got an email about it a couple hours later.

#22 gojaysgo18

gojaysgo18
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

I just got off the phone with Danielle. She said that although she could not give me details, they have sent out most of their offers and will not be sending out more until people start rejecting. She also said that there are people who have not been waitlisted or accepted/rejected. These people are in fact ahead of the people who have been placed on the waitlist. She seemed to say that these applicants will be the ones given first priority to spots that open up until other applicants start declining offers in June/July.

#23 Mustang93

Mustang93
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

I just got off the phone with Danielle. She said that although she could not give me details, they have sent out most of their offers and will not be sending out more until people start rejecting. She also said that there are people who have not been waitlisted or accepted/rejected. These people are in fact ahead of the people who have been placed on the waitlist. She seemed to say that these applicants will be the ones given first priority to spots that open up until other applicants start declining offers in June/July.

Did she confirm that those students whose status still reads "Applied" will be ahead of those on priority than those who have been wait listed? She's been very vague in my conversations with her, so I'm surprised she said that to you.

Was she explicitly clear when she said that?

My status still says Applied so I'm sort of hoping that's true. 

#24 gojaysgo18

gojaysgo18
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:51 AM

Did she confirm that those students whose status still reads "Applied" will be ahead of those on priority than those who have been wait listed? She's been very vague in my conversations with her, so I'm surprised she said that to you.

Was she explicitly clear when she said that?

My status still says Applied so I'm sort of hoping that's true. 

No she did not explicitly say it but when I asked if there were people who would get in whose status still says "Applied" before people who were waitlisted she said yes. Looking at previous years it seems that people who were not waitlisted have gotten in before those who were in May/June. But it also seems as though there were people who went from a status of "Applied" to "Rejected" in May/June without being waitlisted. It also looks like they send out waitlist status updates in waves over multiple weeks. So at this point it is hard to tell what the best situation to be waiting in is...

#25 Mustang93

Mustang93
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:55 AM

No she did not explicitly say it but when I asked if there were people who would get in whose status still says "Applied" before people who were waitlisted she said yes. Looking at previous years it seems that people who were not waitlisted have gotten in before those who were in May/June. But it also seems as though there were people who went from a status of "Applied" to "Rejected" in May/June without being waitlisted. It also looks like they send out waitlist status updates in waves over multiple weeks. So at this point it is hard to tell what the best situation to be waiting in is...

In her email to me she said that all decisions would be made in the next 3 weeks (they're ahead of schedule on this) so the wait shouldn't be that long.

This is a quote from the email she sent me when I was inquiring about my "Applied" student status:

"This means your application is still under active consideration.  Files are being reviewed right up until May 31st.  We are ahead of schedule, however, and expect to have all decisions made within the next three weeks."