Antipodean

Certificate framing

Any ideas for where best to get the LSUC certificates and notary certificate framed that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Michaels. And there is usually a 50% off a single item coupon every month. Check online for their flyer.

I'm curious, do most of you have degrees etc. framed and on your office wall? I think mine are in the basement somewhere. Not out of any sort of modesty or anything more procrastination/laziness. I worked with a guy who had just about everything he had ever done framed and on his wall. He'd been called in 3 provinces, worked on an admin tribunal for a while and was in the Forces so he had it all up on the wall of his office. Being a repressed wasp I always thought it was a bit much but clients seemed to like it based upon the conversations I overheard. I think it was as much a conversation starter as at a look at me.

Mine are in the basement. My wife did get them framed for me.

But i never have people outside my branch come visit my office. I go to them.

pretty sure i'm the only lawyer in my office without degrees framed on the wall.  

My solicitor certificate and notary certificate are in frames that I think I got at Walmart. Barrister's certificate required a special frame at Michael's because it's a weird size. All told, framing cost me about $20. 

Does approx $300 combined qualify as an arm and a leg?

http://www.brilliantframes.ca/lawyers/

What about $400 for just the LSUC certificate?

https://www.leaderframes.com/store/index.php?cPath=75_67

...but it does say "Law Society" right on the frame... so....

Oooooohhhhh shinyyyyyy

:rolling:

ETA:

On a tenuously related subject... does anybody want a $150-dollar-LSUC scarf with pictures of Osgoode's stained glass on it?

...I'm actually asking. Does anybody in the world want this?

https://ecom.lsuc.on.ca/gifts/

Edited by ericontario
  • Like 1

ETA:

On a tenuously related subject... does anybody want a $150-dollar-LSUC scarf with pictures of Osgoode's stained glass on it?

...I'm actually asking. Does anybody in the world want this?

https://ecom.lsuc.on.ca/gifts/

[portion only quoted]

The description of this (and the other scarf similarly): "Limited edition ladies black silk scarf..." troubles me. Both because of the term "ladies" and because it specifies a gender for the scarf.

Almost makes me want to call up and ask when they'll be getting mens - excuse me, gentlemens - limited edition silk scarves in...

Not that I'd spend this much on a scarf I'd almost never wear (the very rare occasion when it's very cold and I have to stand outside wearing a suit and overcoat?).

• Like 1