Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

I'm currently a student - Ask me anything

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 Plinko

Plinko
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:46 PM

Employment stats for Dual:
All the informative threads I read talk about Bay St stats only. How about other classmates? Are they completely out of a job or do they mostly work at small firms, etc? What is the articling rate?

I hear that most students get a job in King's landing, but some also land jobs in Dorne, the Iron Islands, and Winterfell. Hell, I've even heard of some going north of the wall and working with the free folk.

On a serious note, I can only made anecdotal comments about employment for the duals. For the most part it seems the program is comparable to most others in the country in terms of placement. Some use their degree to work in Michigan (detroit) or practice transnational law. Otherwise, small shops, bay street, medium size firms, government, you name it, there are duals who work in every area/size firms.

#52 whoknows

whoknows
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

Do we get reading week(s) in 1L? I'm looking at the academic calendar and we seem to get a study week in NOV, something called PILS in January, and reading week in February?

Edited by whoknows, 12 July 2016 - 04:31 PM.

• whoknows likes this

#53 Plinko

Plinko
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

Seems like they must have changed it. When I was in 1L, PILS week was during our fall reading week, so be grateful of that. I would imagine study week is the same thing as reading week, in which case you get a week off in Nov and a week off in Feb