Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 Waitlistedbuthopeful

Waitlistedbuthopeful
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

Does anyone know if they are reassessing every ten days now and releasing offers if they have spaces? Hadn't received a response on that yet.

Edited by Waitlistedbuthopeful, 21 April 2016 - 08:54 PM.

#52 stardust

stardust
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:11 AM

I just declined my spot. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!

#53 cookiedoe

cookiedoe
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:57 AM

Does anyone know if they are reassessing every ten days now and releasing offers if they have spaces? Hadn't received a response on that yet.

It seems that they are reassessing every 10 days and making offers based on the number of spots available. The recent wave of offers were given until April 28th to respond, which means you'll probably hear news by Monday or Tuesday.

Best of luck!

Edited by cookiedoe, 25 April 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#54 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:50 AM

Don't be so severe, lots of people move off the waitlist. And what's more, I'm pretty sure there is a special Manitoba-only waitlist that gets made later in the cycle so you'll be among even fewer applicants.

How does that work with the regular waitlist? Is it X number of spots reserved for the Manitoba-only waitlist, or is everyone just rejected if they have enough accepted offers before they make the Manitoba-only waitlist?

#55 cookiedoe

cookiedoe
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:59 AM

How does that work with the regular waitlist? Is it X number of spots reserved for the Manitoba-only waitlist, or is everyone just rejected if they have enough accepted offers before they make the Manitoba-only waitlist?

If I remember correctly, the number of available MB-Only waitlist spots depends on the number of regular waitlist spots left available mid/end-July (i.e. Non-MB residents are removed from the cycle at this time and a new waitlist is established).

#56 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

If I remember correctly, the number of available MB-Only waitlist spots depends on the number of regular waitlist spots left available mid/end-July (i.e. Non-MB residents are removed from the cycle at this time and a new waitlist is established).

If that's the case then it feels like there might not be an MB-Only waitlist this year, since we're down to 7 or fewer spots remaining.

#57 cookiedoe

cookiedoe
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:09 PM

If that's the case then it feels like there might not be an MB-Only waitlist this year, since we're down to 7 or fewer spots remaining.

Keep in mind that things are not necessarily set in stone until the first day of classes. It is still possible that those who have provisionally accepted may still withdraw before, and sometimes after, the firm date of July-something (e.g. let's say in cases where they are accepted off the waitlist at their #1 choice sometime in August).

I wouldn't discount the MB-Only waitlist completely. In the past, those who were 40th or so in the regular waitlist have moved into the top ten of the MB list and in some cases, have been accepted.

If I remember correctly, some users in the MB forum made a comprehensive list of the lowest index score admitted in the past several years. If history has the tendency to repeat itself, hopefully this will give you some peace of mind!

#58 Waitlistedbuthopeful

Waitlistedbuthopeful
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

was #23! just got in. see everyone in the fall!

• rziegler and coffeeplease like this

#59 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:05 AM

Congrats! Guess this means they made 6+ offers this time

#60 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:37 PM

Congrats! Guess this means they made 6+ offers this time

Nevermind, 7 offers were made. Total of 24 so far

Edited by MaximumPenetration, 05 May 2016 - 08:38 PM.

• rziegler likes this

#61 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

Anyone receive offers today or recently?

#62 rziegler

rziegler
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

No (#3 on the WL)

#63 catchthetraiin

catchthetraiin
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:01 PM

EDIT, found an answer. 

Edited by catchthetraiin, 17 May 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#64 rziegler

rziegler
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

In at noon! Was 27--apparently, 30 offers have been off the wait list so far for those concerned. 

• celli660 likes this

#65 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

In at noon! Was 27--apparently, 30 offers have been off the wait list so far for those concerned.

What deadline did they give you to respond?

#66 rziegler

rziegler
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

^^ I have until 11:59PM May 27th to accept

#67 sjl17

sjl17
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGuelph

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

I withdrew my acceptance on Friday. I hope one of you guys gets the spot!

#68 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

Will they be sending offers this weekend, or waiting till next week or the week after? Marie is apparently gone for next week.

#69 MbGirl

MbGirl
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

I declined my offer earlier this week. Good luck to those on the wait list

#70 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

I declined my offer earlier this week. Good luck to those on the wait list

What position were you on the waitlist?

#71 MbGirl

MbGirl
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

What position were you on the waitlist?

I wasn't on the wait list I received an offer at the end of February/early March.

Edited by MbGirl, 05 June 2016 - 01:14 AM.

• MbGirl likes this

#72 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

Anyone get an offer today?

Sorry to be so pestering; really nervous about this.

#73 rziegler

rziegler
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

Anyone get an offer today?

Sorry to be so pestering; really nervous about this.

Look. Contact the admissions office if you're wondering how many offers have been extended to date so far. Trying to make inferences about where you are currently sitting based on other users' posts makes this process more anxious. You might get some peace of mind by emailing Sandra or Marie who are paid to deal with these questions. I've noticed an aversion to directly contacting admissions officers amongst some of the posters here. I think this is borne from a fear of being perceived as annoying. Maybe you have been in touch with admissions, and maybe you aren't concerned with that. If, however, you haven't contacted admissions directly, and you're nervous about annoying them, the easy solution to that is don't annoy them. It's entirely appropriate as a law school applicant on a wait list to ask those with information on the wait list about the wait list. Use your discretion and be reasonable. These are busy people who have a lot to do and are fielding a lot of questions from a lot of people. But they, better than anyone else here, can give you solid answers.

IIRC, you started at #43 on the wait list, and are sitting at at least #13 now. FWIW, the initial wait list email stated that by mid-July the wait list filters out non-Manitoba residents, and I'm pretty sure that you are a Manitoba resident. I'm sure you know all of this this already. So, be patient. This uncertainty is stressful. I sympathize. Hang in there. 

#74 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:29 AM

7 offers made yesterday; 37 offers to waitlist made in total.

#75 HarrySkywalker

HarrySkywalker
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

@MaximumPenetration

Next round of offers, waitlist spot 38 and above, if warranted, will be going out Monday, June 27th.