Suitedandbooted

Waitlist 2016

80 posts in this topic

In at noon! Was 27--apparently, 30 offers have been off the wait list so far for those concerned. 

1 person likes this

What position were you on the waitlist?

I wasn't on the wait list I received an offer at the end of February/early March.

Edited by MbGirl
1 person likes this

Anyone get an offer today?

Sorry to be so pestering; really nervous about this.

Look. Contact the admissions office if you're wondering how many offers have been extended to date so far. Trying to make inferences about where you are currently sitting based on other users' posts makes this process more anxious. You might get some peace of mind by emailing Sandra or Marie who are paid to deal with these questions. I've noticed an aversion to directly contacting admissions officers amongst some of the posters here. I think this is borne from a fear of being perceived as annoying. Maybe you have been in touch with admissions, and maybe you aren't concerned with that. If, however, you haven't contacted admissions directly, and you're nervous about annoying them, the easy solution to that is don't annoy them. It's entirely appropriate as a law school applicant on a wait list to ask those with information on the wait list about the wait list. Use your discretion and be reasonable. These are busy people who have a lot to do and are fielding a lot of questions from a lot of people. But they, better than anyone else here, can give you solid answers.

IIRC, you started at #43 on the wait list, and are sitting at at least #13 now. FWIW, the initial wait list email stated that by mid-July the wait list filters out non-Manitoba residents, and I'm pretty sure that you are a Manitoba resident. I'm sure you know all of this this already. So, be patient. This uncertainty is stressful. I sympathize. Hang in there.