Suitedandbooted

Waitlist 2016

80 posts in this topic

For those interested:

We made 10 offers yesterday. In 10 days’ time we assess once again and determine if additional offers will be made.

Regards,

Sandra

Please see above.

^^ That quoted post reflects the first round of offers made off of the wait list that went out on April 7th. A second round of wait list offers was apparently extended yesterday. I emailed the admissions office yesterday asking how many new offers were made, but I have not heard anything back yet. Obviously I'll post any new wait list information if and when I receive it.

Edited by rziegler

Ah yeah, my bad. Looking back I just assumed they were doing ten at a time for some reason.

To Max, I guess you could assume that at least four offers were sent out since Cruizer was #14 and was given an offer on the second round off the waitlist.

Got a response myself and it's 7 offers made.

Guess my hopes and dreams are crushed unless another 24 people pass

Edited by MaximumPenetration
1 person likes this

Don't be so severe, lots of people move off the waitlist. And what's more, I'm pretty sure there is a special Manitoba-only waitlist that gets made later in the cycle so you'll be among even fewer applicants.

Got a response myself and it's 7 offers made.

Guess my hopes and dreams are crushed unless another 24 people pass

Even if you don't get in this cycle, your hopes and dreams aren't crushed. They're simply put on hold.

Does anyone know if they are reassessing every ten days now and releasing offers if they have spaces? Hadn't received a response on that yet.

Edited by Waitlistedbuthopeful

Does anyone know if they are reassessing every ten days now and releasing offers if they have spaces? Hadn't received a response on that yet.

It seems that they are reassessing every 10 days and making offers based on the number of spots available. The recent wave of offers were given until April 28th to respond, which means you'll probably hear news by Monday or Tuesday.

Best of luck!

Edited by cookiedoe

Don't be so severe, lots of people move off the waitlist. And what's more, I'm pretty sure there is a special Manitoba-only waitlist that gets made later in the cycle so you'll be among even fewer applicants.

How does that work with the regular waitlist? Is it X number of spots reserved for the Manitoba-only waitlist, or is everyone just rejected if they have enough accepted offers before they make the Manitoba-only waitlist?

How does that work with the regular waitlist? Is it X number of spots reserved for the Manitoba-only waitlist, or is everyone just rejected if they have enough accepted offers before they make the Manitoba-only waitlist?

If I remember correctly, the number of available MB-Only waitlist spots depends on the number of regular waitlist spots left available mid/end-July (i.e. Non-MB residents are removed from the cycle at this time and a new waitlist is established).

If I remember correctly, the number of available MB-Only waitlist spots depends on the number of regular waitlist spots left available mid/end-July (i.e. Non-MB residents are removed from the cycle at this time and a new waitlist is established).

If that's the case then it feels like there might not be an MB-Only waitlist this year, since we're down to 7 or fewer spots remaining.

If that's the case then it feels like there might not be an MB-Only waitlist this year, since we're down to 7 or fewer spots remaining.

Keep in mind that things are not necessarily set in stone until the first day of classes. It is still possible that those who have provisionally accepted may still withdraw before, and sometimes after, the firm date of July-something (e.g. let's say in cases where they are accepted off the waitlist at their #1 choice sometime in August).

I wouldn't discount the MB-Only waitlist completely. In the past, those who were 40th or so in the regular waitlist have moved into the top ten of the MB list and in some cases, have been accepted.

If I remember correctly, some users in the MB forum made a comprehensive list of the lowest index score admitted in the past several years. If history has the tendency to repeat itself, hopefully this will give you some peace of mind!

Congrats! Guess this means they made 6+ offers this time

Nevermind, 7 offers were made. Total of 24 so far

Edited by MaximumPenetration
1 person likes this