Suitedandbooted

Waitlist 2016

80 posts in this topic

^ Last year, there were offers that went out in May and June before the waitlist was established, and still at least 27 people were accepted off the waitlist before it was made Manitoba only, and 9 after. This year, because the waitlist is made earlier, I would assume more people would be accepted off the waitlist. 

Good luck, everyone!! 

Definitely not holding my breath on 27 people withdrawing or not accepting offers...

happened last year. Good luck.

Anyone know if we can check for wait list movement online? or do you we have to continuously email for updates?

1 person likes this

Anyone know if we can check for wait list movement online? or do you we have to continuously email for updates?

I emailed today asking this and a few other questions. When they get back to me i'll toss it up on the forum.

Here's their answer:

Students who have been offered admission to the Faculty of Law up to this point have until April 1, 2016 (midnight) to accept or decline their offers. There are however,  many who have not done so. Students wait until the last minute to decide if they will attend the U of M as they are waiting to see if a more desirable offer is yet to come. If you contact me mid to end of April I will have a better idea as where we are at in terms of the waitlist, or even if we have started to move on it. 

Each year we (approximately) go down about 20-30 spots on the waitlist. That being said, I really cannot predict what will happen one year to the next. We will not be sending out email updates on the waitlist. However, if you contact me I can let you know how many offers on the waitlist have been made. Typically we don’t start moving on the waitlist until mid-May.

Ughh more waiting? Why make the waitlist this early if you're not gonna even make decisions for another 2 months  :|

Well, today is the deadline to accept offers, and we may start to see some wait list movement soon 

I'm sitting at 1 so I'll let you guys know when movement starts!

Any movement on the waitlist or do they not send out waitlist offers this early?

Edited by MaximumPenetration

For those interested:

We made 10 offers yesterday. In 10 days’ time we assess once again and determine if additional offers will be made.

Regards,

Sandra

For those interested:

We made 10 offers yesterday. In 10 days’ time we assess once again and determine if additional offers will be made.

Regards,

Sandra

Does that mean only 10 people rejected their initial offers?

Hey guys! I accepted my offer April 1st but recently was accepted to uOttawa and being from Ontario, I've decided to go there. Hoping my spot goes to one of you!