Darkhawk

Wait List 2016

I was also just wait listed. Pleasantly surprised it was not a straight rejection. I do not expect to be accepted but nonetheless thankful.

I was also just wait listed. Pleasantly surprised it was not a straight rejection. I do not expect to be accepted but nonetheless thankful.

What are your stats?

Anyone know what my odds are of getting in?

I'm not sure how anyone could answer that. :)

If past cycles are any indication, there isn't a lot of movement on the U of T waitlist. I think that's why they point out that " it is prudent to consider responding to any offers that you have received from other law schools."

• Like 1

My undergraduate GPA kinda sucked, but I have a Master's in Human Rights.  Apparently that can't compete with high schoolers with good GPAs.  Sigh.

• Like 1

Wait listed! Stats are all over these forums and on profile.

Will be giving up my spot on the list. Wishing all of you luck :)

I am also looking for any help with my chances of getting in. GPA: 3.73, LSAT: 170,  decent softs and personal statement, will complete my master's before fall 2016.

wait list alert came via e-mail.  Also clearly a mistype in the earlier comment; I meant to write "undergrads" not "high schoolers", as in I find it frustrating that so much of the calculation is done based on UGPA+LSAT.  This is not to denigrate everyone who outperformed me on the Bachelor's, just that it is bad for me that Master's results don't really seem to enter into it as much.

• Like 2

wait list alert came via e-mail.  Also clearly a mistype in the earlier comment; I meant to write "undergrads" not "high schoolers", as in I find it frustrating that so much of the calculation is done based on UGPA+LSAT.  This is not to denigrate everyone who outperformed me on the Bachelor's, just that it is bad for me that Master's results don't really seem to enter into it as much.

Masters GPA's are pretty inflated. Depending on where you went it can help at U of T, but mostly for the research experience / if you won academic awards (so resume stuff). 

• Like 2

Sorry, I know this has been touched on before but I can't seem to find the forum explaining this exact situation. 

Am I correct in thinking that if I provisionally accept an offer, it will decline all my other offers but will leave me on the waitlist for U of T? I know that waitlist is not an offer and therefore it shouldn't be a problem, but I just want to make sure.

Does anyone know the process of admitting waitlist candidates? Or the number of people on the list? Curious as to whether U of T wait lists a large number of students or a select few who actually have a decent shot at being admitted. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

For those wondering:  I called into the admissions office today.  The lady on the phone said that the outstanding admissions actually surpass the amount of spots available.  In other words, if everyone accepted right now, the class would be over capacity (according to the target they want). 

For us waitlisted, then, we have to not only hope that there is a sufficient amount of people declining their offers, but also that there is room left after it is all said and done for the rest of us.

Since most of those declining their offers will do so by April 1st, I'm guessing that two weeks hence we will know the last bunch of people who get in.

And for those curious:
cGPA: 3.71 (medical reasons for second year decline in marks, but my 1st and 3rd average a 3.85 GPA.

LSAT: 165

Personal Statement: I wrote something that most wouldn't dare to write, hoping that it'd be a hit or miss.  It seems to have hit since it got me this far, so I'd say that's my profile's strongest part. 

Cheers to all those waiting. 

Waitlisted...

3.71 GPA

172 LSAT

accepted at Harvard and other top US schools so not sure why... but oh well

• Like 1