Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#76 pseudo1234

pseudo1234
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

Waitlisted as of a couple minutes ago. So if everyone can do me a solid and start declining their offers, that'd be greeaaaaaat!

• PerniciousLaw, Steven22, canadianlaw and 3 others like this

#77 Maysin

Maysin
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:02 PM

Waitlisted as of yesterday.

Uwindsor CGPA: 77.2%

LSAT: 150, 154

EC: Leadership on student club, board member at non-profit, part-time work experience, help run family business

LORs: Great professor and fellow board member

No special considerations with social justice oriented PS.

Was also accepted to Dual, but would prefer single JD.

Would also appreciate others declining their offers :P lol, GL to everyone.

Edited by Maysin, 30 April 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#78 leebear30

leebear30
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGTA

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Is there anyone else who hasn't had any updates at all? My account still says referred to admission committee

#79 lawislife3

lawislife3
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

I spoke to Marry who said that the class is almost full and it is very unlikely that they will be selecting any more applicants off of the waitlist from here on :-( still hoping for the best nonetheless. 

#80 Steven22

Steven22
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

I spoke to Marry who said that the class is almost full and it is very unlikely that they will be selecting any more applicants off of the waitlist from here on :sad: still hoping for the best nonetheless. 

I don't believe that for a second. There is simply no way Windsor, in the beginning of May, is done with sending out offers. I imagine there will be huge movement after July 1st. 

#81 anonlawgirl

anonlawgirl
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

I just got in off the waitlist?! I got an email inviting me to join the 1L facebook group and then went and checked myUWindsor and it said 'accepted final'. Strangest way I've found out about an acceptance, but I'm pleased. :D

#82 anonlawgirl

anonlawgirl
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Update: I've got an actual acceptance letter now, I was apparently accepted on the 5th.  (So my acceptance doesn't contradict lawislife's info)

#83 smistry

smistry
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

I don't believe that for a second. There is simply no way Windsor, in the beginning of May, is done with sending out offers. I imagine there will be huge movement after July 1st. 

I spoke to Marry who said that the class is almost full and it is very unlikely that they will be selecting any more applicants off of the waitlist from here on :sad: still hoping for the best nonetheless. 

I just got an offer from another law school and will be declining my offer to Windsor. There are probably many others in the same boat as me and might also decline for other offers so there is still hope! 

#84 fluffy

fluffy
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

Accepted off the waitlist. Not sure when this occurred but i only found out by logging into the mywindsor. Soo I am hoping they will send me something else soon so I know more re: timelines, etc! Very happy nonetheless.

Edited by fluffy, 06 June 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#85 pseudo1234

pseudo1234
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:22 AM

Accepted off the waitlist! Got the letter in the mail last night! Says my offer expires June 16th for those wondering! There's hope for everyone still waiting!

#86 yella123

yella123
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

I have been waitlisted since April, anyone in the same predicament and got accepted, or heard of cases similar to my situation, or are my chances extremely low because Ive been waiting so long? Please help!

#87 mross

mross
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:19 AM

I gave up my provisional acceptance the other day.  Hope someone here gets my spot!  Best of luck to all those still waiting.

• Steven22 and yella123 like this

#88 frisco

frisco
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Also just declined my provisional, hope one of you guys gets it. 

• Steven22 likes this

#89 premed2law

premed2law
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

Recently declined my provisional as well, even though I was very excited about UWindsor. Really hope someone in this forum gets that spot!

• Steven22 and Akt like this

#90 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:45 PM

In off the waitlist today. more details in accepted thread. good luck!

#91 futurerachzane

futurerachzane
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

also in off the wait list some time last week (received the admissions package via snail mail last friday) good luck to those still waiting!! 

#92 peppyroe

peppyroe
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:54 PM

UWindsor CGPA: 73%

LSAT: 154

EC: leadership at student club, part time work mainly in sales, and recently sent an updated copy of my resume to include some volunteer work for a charity organization

I was initially rejected  from the UWindsor single JD program, but received an invitational email from Brian Miller to apply for the Dual JD program. After doing so, I found out i was wait listed at around early June. Now it's almost August and i'm still on the wait list. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is like for the dual JD program? Also, what are the chances of acceptance at this point?

#93 sorf

sorf
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

UWindsor CGPA: 73%

LSAT: 154

EC: leadership at student club, part time work mainly in sales, and recently sent an updated copy of my resume to include some volunteer work for a charity organization

I was initially rejected  from the UWindsor single JD program, but received an invitational email from Brian Miller to apply for the Dual JD program. After doing so, I found out i was wait listed at around early June. Now it's almost August and i'm still on the wait list. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is like for the dual JD program? Also, what are the chances of acceptance at this point?

I am in the same boat as you. I am not sure of the acceptance rate but I still do not understand why I was contacted again to reapply to end up on a waitlist. I mean if the school has enough applicants why would they ask rejected applicants to apply!

#94 kitkat123

kitkat123
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Waitlisted for the dual program as of July 28.

Does anyone have an idea of what the chances of acceptance are this late in the summer?

Edited by kitkat123, 30 July 2016 - 02:06 PM.

• Hazara likes this

#95 Hazara

Hazara
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:13 PM

I've read on previous years forum that there are three types of waitlists, medium, high and priority and apparently only those on the priority have a chance. Anyhow, if anyone else can shed some light on the dual waitlist chances I'd appreciate it.

#96 kitkat123

kitkat123
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

I've read on previous years forum that there are three types of waitlists, medium, high and priority and apparently only those on the priority have a chance. Anyhow, if anyone else can shed some light on the dual waitlist chances I'd appreciate it.

Do you know if there is a way to find out which waitlist you're on? 

#97 Hazara

Hazara
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Those who did find out in the previous years said they called some one named Jennifer Henderson, when I searched her on Google I found that She works at Detroit mercy law. I personally haven't contacted her yet because i found out about this late on friday, but if you do contact her please let us know what she says. Thanks

#98 kitkat123

kitkat123
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

Any movement on the waitlist?

#99 JDtime

JDtime
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

Wait-listed early April for single JD regular category. Status changed to accepted final mid July! Good luck to all of those still waiting! see accepted thread for stats.

#100 mebady

mebady
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

Wait-listed early April for single JD regular category. Status changed to accepted final mid July! Good luck to all of those still waiting! see accepted thread for stats.

Congrats, stats?