Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Fjhussain

Fjhussain
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

Received an email this morning. Surprised it happened so early in the process tbh

Do I have a chance?

82%

#2 Italia109318

Italia109318
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

Waitlisted as of 5 minutes ago.

Stats:

LSAT: 160
CGPA: 3.5
Last 2: 3.85
Windsor Law Average: 81.5

#3 sjl17

sjl17
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGuelph

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

Waitlisted

LSAT 158

Windsor Law Average: 80.9

Does anyone know how many people have been let in off the waitlist in the past? I know that a lot of people who get accepted to Windsor and elsewhere generally go elsewhere.

#4 canadianlaw

canadianlaw
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:00 AM

Waitlisted for the JD/JD. Anyone else receive a waitlist email from the dual program?

#5 Ozilboy

Ozilboy
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

Waitlisted for the JD/JD. Anyone else receive a waitlist email from the dual program?

mind sharing your stats?

#6 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:32 AM

just got waitlisted for dual.. poor but complicated sub 3 gpa (medical considerations), 169 LSAT, been working as a teacher for a few years now

anyone have a sense if this means the program is full already?

#7 tjml

tjml
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:42 AM

just got waitlisted for dual.. poor but complicated sub 3 gpa (medical considerations), 169 LSAT, been working as a teacher for a few years now

anyone have a sense if this means the program is full already?

It does not necessarily mean that the class is full. It means that your application is one which they would be willing to re-consider once they go through the rest.

(I have previously inquired about this)

#8 canadianlaw

canadianlaw
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

mind sharing your stats?

For sure...76% windsor average, 3.7 L2 and a 150 LSAT (only write) 

Pretty strong ECs and reference letters and my PS was very social justice orientated. Was involved in a lot of stuff on campus: Judicial committee, student ambassador, was on the dance team, intramurals, law society. I am also on a board of directors in the community where i go to school where we facilitate and help disadvantaged individuals in the community develop life goals and help them achieve them. I had a job all throughout university working at a Law firm and as a server. I play soccer and dance outside of school as well. 

Although my stats are pretty low, I do do a lot both in and outside of school and my grades show a very strong upward trend from first to fourth year. I'm assuming my softs got their attention given my low stats. But I hope this gives hope for others...very surprised to have been waitlisted this early. I'm assuming they are waiting for my final grades to make a decision. I also only applied to windsor/dual, if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by canadianlaw, 25 February 2016 - 09:59 AM.

#9 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

It does not necessarily mean that the class is full. It means that your application is one which they would be willing to re-consider once they go through the rest.

(I have previously inquired about this)

fair enough, thanks for answering.

(edit)

Edited by Archibald, 25 February 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#10 FunnyLawName

FunnyLawName
  • Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

First off, for those waitlisted to the single JD were you referred to the admissions committee before hand? Or did your status note that it was incomplete?

Also interesting to see that the dual program sent out waitlist notifications before anyone on this sub indicated an acceptance. Unless I missed that there were dual JD acceptances in the single JD accepted thread.

Edited by FunnyLawName, 25 February 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#11 canadianlaw

canadianlaw
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

First off, for those waitlisted to the single JD were you referred to the admissions committee before hand? Or did your status note that it was incomplete?

Also interesting to see that the dual program sent out waitlist notifications before anyone on this sub indicated an acceptance. Unless I missed that there were dual JD acceptances in the single JD accepted thread.

There were a couple people who posted in the single JD acceptance thread about their acceptance to the dual program. From what it looks like, they sent out their first round of admissions last week and just started waitlisting people now? I'm not too sure but definitely would be interested in knowing if more people got accepted or waitlisted. 

Just for more information, I have not been accepted/wait listed/rejected from the single JD program, I am still referred to add comm. I have only been wait listed for the dual program. 

Edited by canadianlaw, 25 February 2016 - 11:38 AM.

• FunnyLawName likes this

#12 Archibald

Archibald
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

There were a couple people who posted in the single JD acceptance thread about their acceptance to the dual program. From what it looks like, they sent out their first round of admissions last week and just started waitlisting people now? I'm not too sure but definitely would be interested in knowing if more people got accepted or waitlisted. 

Just for more information, I have not been accepted/wait listed/rejected from the single JD program, I am still referred to add comm. I have only been wait listed for the dual program. 

i am in the exact same position as you for both programs. FWIW

Edit:

Also, it does seem pretty odd that only a few acceptances have gone out and they've already gone to the waitlist... Looking back at last year's thread, it seems like the bulk of acceptances went out closer to summer. A few were confirmed as being off the waitlist, so... I guess what I'm saying is I have no idea what's happening.

Edited by Archibald, 25 February 2016 - 01:04 PM.

• canadianlaw likes this

#13 TSS14

TSS14
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

I posted last week in the single JD thread saying that I got accepted to the Dual one (I didn't see a separate thread so I wasn't sure if people from both programs were posting in there). And I was told they treat the two programs almost like separate schools so it could still be a while before you hear back from the single JD (i.e. I got accepted to the dual program but still am just referred to admissions committee for the single JD)

Edited by TSS14, 25 February 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#14 canadianlaw

canadianlaw
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

Was also waitlisted for the regular JD at windsor. Not sure what to think about this lol

#15 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

Was also waitlisted for the regular JD at windsor. Not sure what to think about this lol

stats?

#16 canadianlaw

canadianlaw
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:38 AM

stats?

I've posted in this thread already, my stats are up there ^ when i posted about my dual waitlist notification. 

For sure...76% windsor average, 3.7 L2 and a 150 LSAT (only write) 

Pretty strong ECs and reference letters and my PS was very social justice orientated. Was involved in a lot of stuff on campus: Judicial committee, student ambassador, was on the dance team, intramurals, law society. I am also on a board of directors in the community where i go to school where we facilitate and help disadvantaged individuals in the community develop life goals and help them achieve them. I had a job all throughout university working at a Law firm and as a server. I play soccer and dance outside of school as well. 

Although my stats are pretty low, I do do a lot both in and outside of school and my grades show a very strong upward trend from first to fourth year. I'm assuming my softs got their attention given my low stats. But I hope this gives hope for others...very surprised to have been waitlisted this early. I'm assuming they are waiting for my final grades to make a decision. I also only applied to windsor/dual, if that has anything to do with it.

#17 Steven22

Steven22
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

I've posted in this thread already, my stats are up there ^ when i posted about my dual waitlist notification. 

Have you gotten in elsewhere? Thanks!

#18 canadianlaw

canadianlaw
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:46 AM

Have you gotten in elsewhere? Thanks!

I only applied to windsor! Not sure if that has anything to do with it. 

#19 Emily12

Emily12
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

Also waitlisted. Is there any indication as to whether or not there is a chance to get accepted off the waitlist? 

#20 lambere

lambere
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

Waitlisted today

#21 Emily12

Emily12
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

Waitlisted today

Stats? 

#22 CET16

CET16
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Waitlisted today as well. Because windsor doesn't consider the feb lsat I got wait listed with a 3.5 & 156

#23 Athene2006

Athene2006
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

Also waitlisted today. 

#24 Emily12

Emily12
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Also waitlisted today. 

Stats? 

#25 Sharkie

Sharkie
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

Received the email this afternoon

LSAT 152, 155
AVG 77%

I know my average is lower, I had a family emergency. Good luck everyone!