Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Entrance Scholarships

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ammml44

ammml44
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

Hey,

Just wondering what kind of entrance scholarships UNB has been offering this year. I was offered full tuition for first year :)

#2 flash21

flash21
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

so are you looking for more or..? there was a scholarship page on the application

#3 ammml44

ammml44
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

I'm aware of that, but I had  seen that on other school threads people had been sharing if they'd been offered any scholarships/ money with their acceptances and I was curious to see how UNB compared.

#4 HarryPotterForLife

HarryPotterForLife
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

Hey,

Just wondering what kind of entrance scholarships UNB has been offering this year. I was offered full tuition for first year :)

Wow, that is amazing, congrats!
I didn't receive any entrance scholarship offer. I did apply to the "special scholarships", so fingers crossed!
Did they mail you about the entrance scholarship with your acceptance letter, or was that separate? And do you mind sharing what your stats are - just curious about scholarship/stats comparison.

#5 LestatdeLioncourt

LestatdeLioncourt
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

I didn't receive any entrance scholarship offer. I did apply to the "special scholarships", so fingers crossed!
Did they mail you about the entrance scholarship with your acceptance letter, or was that separate? And do you mind sharing what your stats are - just curious about scholarship/stats comparison.

The scholarship offer came in the mail 1-2 weeks after the acceptance letter for me.

• HarryPotterForLife likes this

#6 ammml44

ammml44
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:16 PM

Thanks! I got an email saying I'd been accepted into the program and then later that day an email with the scholarship information in it, followed by both letters arriving in the mail on the same day about a week later.  I have a fairly high LSAT for UNB so I think that is why I got the scholarship offer. 

Hope everyone gets good news about scholarships once they've sent more out and determined the special scholarships! 

• HarryPotterForLife likes this

#7 newfie93

newfie93
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

Thanks! I got an email saying I'd been accepted into the program and then later that day an email with the scholarship information in it, followed by both letters arriving in the mail on the same day about a week later.  I have a fairly high LSAT for UNB so I think that is why I got the scholarship offer. 

Hope everyone gets good news about scholarships once they've sent more out and determined the special scholarships! 

I received an email from Wanda yesterday saying that I have been selected for a $7 000 scholarship! Makes it much harder to say no, and definitely gives me something to think about!

Edited by newfie93, 03 February 2016 - 08:37 PM.