twinsfindme

Ask a 1L!

166 posts in this topic

On 28/06/2017 at 4:29 PM, buslaw99 said:

Hello everyone! I have a few questions about 1L and QL in general: 

1. Bader Castle Program: what is the bursary situation for this program like? Do students actually use the extra credit from these courses to only do half of a third year at Queen's? 

2. International internships: similar to above, how do these bursaries work, how many are given out, how competitive is it etc. 

3. Extracurriculars: I am a bit confused about how the QLA, the journal, and the pro bono clinic work in terms of first year students and what is required of them throughout the year. Could someone please comment on the time commitment of each per week(roughly)? 

Thanks for for taking the time to do this thread, it is much appreciated  

I didn't use the credits from the Castle to make my time shorter, but they were extremely helpful to lower my courseload when I did a competitive moot in second year.  Those things can suck up a lot of time. 

1 person likes this

On 7/4/2017 at 0:54 PM, twinsfindme said:

I find they gave lots of notice too, so it wasn't too hard to avoid the auto-update until exams were over. 

It was not the school's fault but this is absolutely not true. The Mac update that caused the problem came out March 24. ExamSoft e-mailed the school April 10, the school forwarded the e-mail April 11. The first day of exams were April 13. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, PurpleGael said:

It was not the school's fault but this is absolutely not true. The Mac update that caused the problem came out March 24. ExamSoft e-mailed the school April 10, the school forwarded the e-mail April 11. The first day of exams were April 13. 

Lol yeah i grew some grey hairs when i read that email

16 minutes ago, CanadaCup said:

Any info on need for suit?

You'll need one for Careers day in second semester. And the 1L recruit if you do that. And the hicks morley moot if you do that. all are in second semester, but I'd recommend getting a suit now when you have plenty of time to shop. and just in case you need it in first semester (not sure why but it's possible)

1 person likes this

I agree with the above. I ended up having to find a suit in 2 hours at the Kingston mall which just wasn't ideal. Getting one before school starts, or over Christmas break when you have time to look around and think it over is the best option.