Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

My chance? 3.52 GPA (with drops) and 154/159 LSAT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Wong

David Wong
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

I am a long time lurker on this forum, but this is my first post here. Have to say I found many useful information here and would like a second opinion on my chance of getting accepted.

Submitted my application to UNB with 3.52 GPA (186 credits in total) and 154/159 LSAT. I am going to received my doctorate degree in Cell Biology in a few weeks, and have B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees from  a foreign institute. BTW, English is my second language and I have overcame various cultural, linguistic, and financial challenges to get to where I am now. I applied in both regular and discretionary categories.

Two academic reference from my graduate supervisors here, the non-academic one is from a senior member from my church. I assume all these letters should be pretty positive.

I checked "Accepted" threads from previous years, it seems my chance is decent but not great. 

#2 SomeCreativeLawName

SomeCreativeLawName
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

I think you have a solid chance at acceptance. Aside from your achievements and overcoming various barriers, which are very positive points, your GPA and LSAT put you at a good place IMO. I was accepted last year with a lower GPA and a 160 on the LSAT.