Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Accepted 2016

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#26 Beepboop777

Beepboop777
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:15 AM

Just checked and I was accepted at some point between yesterday and today! Here's some hope for those who partied away their first two (or three) years of their undergrad:

Windsor GPA - 76.0
LSAT - 162

#27 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

Just checked and I was accepted at some point between yesterday and today! Here's some hope for those who partied away their first two (or three) years of their undergrad:

Windsor GPA - 76.0
LSAT - 162

congrats! Mind sharing your EC's?

#28 lawschool4life

lawschool4life
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

Accepted yesterday.

Windsor GPA: 79%
LSAT: 165

#29 Beepboop777

Beepboop777
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

congrats! Mind sharing your EC's?

Thanks! Still kind of shocked due to subpar GPA.

I currently work at an immigration law firm that's apart of one of the Big Four, have a bit of government job experience in summer positions for CRA, volunteered for the past four or five years for a local charity involved with bereaved people, did an exchange in university which I talked about in my PS which was completely social justice focused. I'd say my references were probably pretty standard, nothing exceptional.

I will say that I called the admissions office earlier because my online status was showing that they were missing my transcripts and stuff (which OLSAS said had been received). The very nice lady I spoke with explained that they update their system as they go through applications, but because I had called, she would look at my application next time she met with the admissions committee. Probably a week later my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee" (this past Monday) and today or maybe late last night it changed to "Accepted Final".

Good luck everyone! :)
  • PerniciousLaw and FunnyLawName like this

#30 tea4me

tea4me
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:24 PM

Thanks! Still kind of shocked due to subpar GPA.

I currently work at an immigration law firm that's apart of one of the Big Four, have a bit of government job experience in summer positions for CRA, volunteered for the past four or five years for a local charity involved with bereaved people, did an exchange in university which I talked about in my PS which was completely social justice focused. I'd say my references were probably pretty standard, nothing exceptional.

I will say that I called the admissions office earlier because my online status was showing that they were missing my transcripts and stuff (which OLSAS said had been received). The very nice lady I spoke with explained that they update their system as they go through applications, but because I had called, she would look at my application next time she met with the admissions committee. Probably a week later my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee" (this past Monday) and today or maybe late last night it changed to "Accepted Final".

Good luck everyone! :)

Hi there ! Congrats :)

Just checking - so it took about 4 days for your profile to change from  Referred to Admissions Committee to Accepted? Does anyone know on average how long it takes after your profile says this? Thanks ! and awesome job !

#31 CJ2015

CJ2015
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

Accepted Final sometime today or yesterday

Average LSATs - 158

Windsor average - 80.2

#32 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

Average LSATs - 158
Windsor average - 80.2

congrats. Windsor doesn't average lsats. What was your highest lsat score?

#33 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

Average LSATs - 158
Windsor average - 80.2

#34 FunnyLawName

FunnyLawName
  • Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

They don't put the average down, but on the 'Myuwindsor' the actual title is "Average LSAT score". Mine is populated by my highest (otherwise my average would be 153.4.).

#35 sweetgal126

sweetgal126
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Accepted sometime yesterday or today :D

Lsat 161
Gpa 77.6

Are we suppose to get an email or anything?
  • Kfirnik, PerniciousLaw and FunnyLawName like this

#36 Beepboop777

Beepboop777
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

Lsat 161
Gpa 77.6

Congrats! I got a package in the mail a few days after being accepted online, no email.
  • sweetgal126 likes this

#37 Kfirnik

Kfirnik
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:03 PM

Lsat 161
Gpa 77.6

A letter in the mail. The email you should be getting is an invite to the meet 'n' greet.

#38 AnothaOne

AnothaOne
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:40 AM

WOOOHOOO!! Accepted! I'm actually glad that they didn't send an email (btw, grateful for this blog- thought I might have accidentally deleted the email but turns out no one else got one either) because it made checking the mail that much more exciting. I was genuinely still in my pj's, hair a mess, just expecting to collect the mail as per usual and then I saw an envelope from Windsor and had to open it straight away! I felt like Harry Potter getting his first acceptance letter to Hogwarts ;-)  no e-mail, just a great letter that came on an otherwise regular day. 

The letter was dated January 15th, but I only checked the mail now. Also, the expiry date is: April 1, 2016.

Best of luck to you all!  :)  

• venice likes this

#39 flash21

flash21
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:31 AM

WOOOHOOO!! Accepted! I'm actually glad that they didn't send an email (btw, grateful for this blog- thought I might have accidentally deleted the email but turns out no one else got one either) because it made checking the mail that much more exciting. I was genuinely still in my pj's, hair a mess, just expecting to collect the mail as per usual and then I saw an envelope from Windsor and had to open it straight away! I felt like Harry Potter getting his first acceptance letter to Hogwarts ;-)  no e-mail, just a great letter that came on an otherwise regular day. 

The letter was dated January 15th, but I only checked the mail now. Also, the expiry date is: April 1, 2016.

Best of luck to you all!  :)  

good job mr potter. what are your stats?

#40 AnothaOne

AnothaOne
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:24 PM

good job mr potter. what are your stats?

Haha, thank-you  ;) my stats are:

LSAT: 159

OLSAS cGPA: 3.52*

L2: 3.8

Out of province. Strong LoR. 

* Since I am in the last year of my undergrad, this year was not counted towards my GPA. Additionally, I used my personal statement to briefly explain my lower grades in first year. 

• flash21 likes this

#41 panchod

panchod
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

How long does it usually take to hear back after you have been 'Referred to the admissions committee'. My stats just changed today. 

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all those have got in!!

#42 FunnyLawName

FunnyLawName
  • Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

How long does it usually take to hear back after you have been 'Referred to the admissions committee'. My stats just changed today. 

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all those have got in!!

In my experience compulsively looking at this website, it could be anywhere from one week to 'never heard from them again'. Though I have seen a lot of people wait for months at a time before hearing back. I would say expect a long wait, just so you aren't disappointed in a couple weeks where there's no movement.

• flash21 likes this

#43 flash21

flash21
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

In my experience compulsively looking at this website, it could be anywhere from one week to 'never heard from them again'. Though I have seen a lot of people wait for months at a time before hearing back. I would say expect a long wait, just so you aren't disappointed in a couple weeks where there's no movement.

I keep hoping you got in whenever i see your name pop up in an accepted thread lol. stop playing with me

• flash21, FunnyLawName and megatron7 like this

#44 panchod

panchod
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

Thank you very much, seems like they can go from 0 to 100 real quick. Hopefully I hear back in time. 

#45 ted101

ted101
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

I've been referred to adcom since late November I think, still no news.

#46 rezane

rezane
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

congrats to those accepted! my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee." i didn't get an email notification, just logged into mywindsor account and noticed it had changed. does Windsor send out emails w/ acceptance/rejection info? or do i just have to keep checking mywindsor account from time to time?

Edited by rezane, 05 February 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#47 TheAEGIS

TheAEGIS
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

congrats to those accepted! my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee." i didn't get an email notification, just logged into mywindsor account and noticed it had changed. does Windsor send out emails w/ acceptance/rejection info? or do i just have to keep checking mywindsor account from time to time?

They send out a letter of acceptance after updating your status online.

You wouldn't get any emails from them until after you accept their offer if my experience is any indication.

#48 panchod

panchod
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

Is it a good idea to call the school and ask where they are with my application? Or will this in some way put me at a disadvantage? Sorry if this is a dumb question. 

Thanks 

• Falcon25 likes this

#49 gingerandtonic

gingerandtonic
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:14 AM

Is it a good idea to call the school and ask where they are with my application? Or will this in some way put me at a disadvantage? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks

It's very unlikely they will comment on a specific application, they're very tight-lipped about that. As long as OLSAS has all of your information, I would just sit and wait.

#50 Plinko

Plinko
  • Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

Thanks 

There is very little to gain by calling and asking them about the status of your application. It's still considered early in the process for applications.