hopefulfamilylaw

Accepted 2016

278 posts in this topic

How long does it usually take to hear back after you have been 'Referred to the admissions committee'. My stats just changed today. 

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all those have got in!!

How long does it usually take to hear back after you have been 'Referred to the admissions committee'. My stats just changed today. 

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all those have got in!!

In my experience compulsively looking at this website, it could be anywhere from one week to 'never heard from them again'. Though I have seen a lot of people wait for months at a time before hearing back. I would say expect a long wait, just so you aren't disappointed in a couple weeks where there's no movement.

1 person likes this

In my experience compulsively looking at this website, it could be anywhere from one week to 'never heard from them again'. Though I have seen a lot of people wait for months at a time before hearing back. I would say expect a long wait, just so you aren't disappointed in a couple weeks where there's no movement.

I keep hoping you got in whenever i see your name pop up in an accepted thread lol. stop playing with me

3 people like this

Thank you very much, seems like they can go from 0 to 100 real quick. Hopefully I hear back in time. 

congrats to those accepted! my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee." i didn't get an email notification, just logged into mywindsor account and noticed it had changed. does Windsor send out emails w/ acceptance/rejection info? or do i just have to keep checking mywindsor account from time to time?

Edited by rezane

congrats to those accepted! my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee." i didn't get an email notification, just logged into mywindsor account and noticed it had changed. does Windsor send out emails w/ acceptance/rejection info? or do i just have to keep checking mywindsor account from time to time?

They send out a letter of acceptance after updating your status online.

You wouldn't get any emails from them until after you accept their offer if my experience is any indication.

Is it a good idea to call the school and ask where they are with my application? Or will this in some way put me at a disadvantage? Sorry if this is a dumb question. 

Thanks 

1 person likes this

Is it a good idea to call the school and ask where they are with my application? Or will this in some way put me at a disadvantage? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks

It's very unlikely they will comment on a specific application, they're very tight-lipped about that. As long as OLSAS has all of your information, I would just sit and wait.

Thanks 

There is very little to gain by calling and asking them about the status of your application. It's still considered early in the process for applications.

Do they have a cut off for GPA? All the accepted GPAs have been above 75% so far.

Edited by Imanshar

Imanshar, on 09 Feb 2016 - 3:17 PM, said:

Do they have a cut off for GPA? All the accepted GPAs have been above 75% so far.

For what it's worth, I know someone in my year (3L) that got in with a 2.7-2.9 GPA.

For what it's worth, I know someone in my year (3L) that got in with a 2.7-2.9 GPA.

What was their LSAT score like? Any disability/extenuating circumstances?

A letter in the mail. The email you should be getting is an invite to the meet 'n' greet.

When did you get the email inviting you to the meet n greet? Also what dates are the meet and greet? Thanks. 

has anyone been accepted to the dual program?

I got an email saying welcome to the canadian and american dual JD class of 2019 but when I looked on myuwindsor it still said referred to admissions so I was a little confused.. Does this mean I got accepted?

I got an email saying welcome to the canadian and american dual JD class of 2019 but when I looked on myuwindsor it still said referred to admissions so I was a little confused.. Does this mean I got accepted?

Do you mind me asking what your stats are? I'm waiting to hear back from Windsor

I too got that email and have no update to myuwindsor. Not sure what it means.