hopefulfamilylaw

Accepted 2016

278 posts in this topic

Accepted January 15th via myuwindsor.ca

Stats:

cGPA - 3.13 (76.8% according to Windsor)

L2 - 3.93

LSAT - 158

Entire application was geared around social justice.

Good luck everyone!!

1 person likes this

Accepted Today!! via myuwindsor :) 

80.2% according to Windsor.

LSAT 158

Canadian Forces Background - 7 years

Good Luck to those still waiting!! 

1 person likes this

Accepted Today!! via myuwindsor :)

80.2% according to Windsor.

LSAT 158

Canadian Forces Background - 7 years

Good Luck to those still waiting!! 

Congratulations! Windsor updates their site on weekends?  

Congratulations! Windsor updates their site on weekends?  

It was probably updated on Friday late afternoon! I always check in the mornings :P

Just checked and I was accepted at some point between yesterday and today! Here's some hope for those who partied away their first two (or three) years of their undergrad:

Windsor GPA - 76.0

LSAT - 162

Just checked and I was accepted at some point between yesterday and today! Here's some hope for those who partied away their first two (or three) years of their undergrad:

Windsor GPA - 76.0

LSAT - 162

congrats! Mind sharing your EC's?

congrats! Mind sharing your EC's?

Thanks! Still kind of shocked due to subpar GPA.

I currently work at an immigration law firm that's apart of one of the Big Four, have a bit of government job experience in summer positions for CRA, volunteered for the past four or five years for a local charity involved with bereaved people, did an exchange in university which I talked about in my PS which was completely social justice focused. I'd say my references were probably pretty standard, nothing exceptional.

I will say that I called the admissions office earlier because my online status was showing that they were missing my transcripts and stuff (which OLSAS said had been received). The very nice lady I spoke with explained that they update their system as they go through applications, but because I had called, she would look at my application next time she met with the admissions committee. Probably a week later my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee" (this past Monday) and today or maybe late last night it changed to "Accepted Final".

Good luck everyone! :)

2 people like this

Thanks! Still kind of shocked due to subpar GPA.

I currently work at an immigration law firm that's apart of one of the Big Four, have a bit of government job experience in summer positions for CRA, volunteered for the past four or five years for a local charity involved with bereaved people, did an exchange in university which I talked about in my PS which was completely social justice focused. I'd say my references were probably pretty standard, nothing exceptional.

I will say that I called the admissions office earlier because my online status was showing that they were missing my transcripts and stuff (which OLSAS said had been received). The very nice lady I spoke with explained that they update their system as they go through applications, but because I had called, she would look at my application next time she met with the admissions committee. Probably a week later my status changed to "Referred to Admissions Committee" (this past Monday) and today or maybe late last night it changed to "Accepted Final".

Good luck everyone! :)

Hi there ! Congrats :)

Just checking - so it took about 4 days for your profile to change from  Referred to Admissions Committee to Accepted? Does anyone know on average how long it takes after your profile says this? Thanks ! and awesome job !

Accepted Final sometime today or yesterday

Average LSATs - 158

Windsor average - 80.2

congrats. Windsor doesn't average lsats. What was your highest lsat score?

Accepted Final sometime today or yesterday

Average LSATs - 158

Windsor average - 80.2

They don't put the average down, but on the 'Myuwindsor' the actual title is "Average LSAT score". Mine is populated by my highest (otherwise my average would be 153.4.).

Accepted sometime yesterday or today :D

Lsat 161

Gpa 77.6

Are we suppose to get an email or anything?

Congrats! I got a package in the mail a few days after being accepted online, no email.

1 person likes this

Accepted sometime yesterday or today :D

Lsat 161

Gpa 77.6

Are we suppose to get an email or anything?

A letter in the mail. The email you should be getting is an invite to the meet 'n' greet.

WOOOHOOO!! Accepted! I'm actually glad that they didn't send an email (btw, grateful for this blog- thought I might have accidentally deleted the email but turns out no one else got one either) because it made checking the mail that much more exciting. I was genuinely still in my pj's, hair a mess, just expecting to collect the mail as per usual and then I saw an envelope from Windsor and had to open it straight away! I felt like Harry Potter getting his first acceptance letter to Hogwarts :wink:  no e-mail, just a great letter that came on an otherwise regular day. 

The letter was dated January 15th, but I only checked the mail now. Also, the expiry date is: April 1, 2016.

Best of luck to you all!  :)  

1 person likes this

WOOOHOOO!! Accepted! I'm actually glad that they didn't send an email (btw, grateful for this blog- thought I might have accidentally deleted the email but turns out no one else got one either) because it made checking the mail that much more exciting. I was genuinely still in my pj's, hair a mess, just expecting to collect the mail as per usual and then I saw an envelope from Windsor and had to open it straight away! I felt like Harry Potter getting his first acceptance letter to Hogwarts :wink:  no e-mail, just a great letter that came on an otherwise regular day. 

The letter was dated January 15th, but I only checked the mail now. Also, the expiry date is: April 1, 2016.

Best of luck to you all!  :)  

good job mr potter. what are your stats?

good job mr potter. what are your stats?

Haha, thank-you  ;) my stats are:

LSAT: 159

OLSAS cGPA: 3.52*

L2: 3.8

Out of province. Strong LoR. 

* Since I am in the last year of my undergrad, this year was not counted towards my GPA. Additionally, I used my personal statement to briefly explain my lower grades in first year. 

1 person likes this