hopefulfamilylaw

Accepted 2016

278 posts in this topic

Just curious, did any of you come off the waitlist or went from referred to admission to accepted?

No wait list for myself either, referred then 'Accepted Final'

For the $500 deposit due June 1st, if I am using online banking to pay for it, do they have to receive it by June 1st, or if I pay the night before for example it would be fine, as oppose to doing it a few business days in advance? 

For the $500 deposit due June 1st, if I am using online banking to pay for it, do they have to receive it by June 1st, or if I pay the night before for example it would be fine, as oppose to doing it a few business days in advance? 

I believe that it has to be received by the university by June 1st. I put mine in through online banking on a Friday night and my application was updated with "deposit paid" by Wednesday of the following week. Make sure you send the [email protected] (I think that's what it is) an e-mail letting them know that you put it through your online banking. They also send you an e-mail when they have received the payment. 

I believe that it has to be received by the university by June 1st. I put mine in through online banking on a Friday night and my application was updated with "deposit paid" by Wednesday of the following week. Make sure you send the [email protected] (I think that's what it is) an e-mail letting them know that you put it through your online banking. They also send you an e-mail when they have received the payment. 

Thank you, Yes you are correct, I ended up calling the admissions office and they confirmed that the deposit has to be received on the 1st. 

Did you see the "deposit paid" update on UWindsor and if so where?! 

Did you see the "deposit paid" update on UWindsor and if so where?! 

Yes. Sorry, I should have been more clear. At the myuwindsor site, under my application for the JD it has a column with "Deposit Received" and then next to that it will say either "Yes" or "No", depending on your deposit status. In this case mine updated to "Yes" in about 3 business days.

1 person likes this

Declined my spot for Osgoode, hopefully that opens up a spot for someone on this forum!

1 person likes this

Just in case your UWindsor page hasn't been updated, you can also call them and find out. Just call 519-253-3000 ex. 2925. Once I spoke to them, I got a confirmation email stating this:

"Thank you for accepting our offer to the University of Windsor, Faculty of Law

program. This email is to confirm that your $500 tuition deposit has been

received.

We look forward to meeting you in September and best of luck with the program.

Office of the Registrar-Law Division

University of Windsor"

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Torn about whether to accept or not as I've already accepted an amazing job and signed a lease in another city.

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Torn about whether to accept or not as I've already accepted an amazing job and signed a lease in another city.

There always is the option of deferring for a year, and that way you don't have to break your lease contract and give up your job opportunity while saving money for law school.

There always is the option of deferring for a year, and that way you don't have to break your lease contract and give up your job opportunity while saving money for law school.

I wasn't sure if that was an option. I want to look into it further. I thought the only way to be granted a defer was for extenuating circumstances. But it would make things definitely easier!

I wasn't sure if that was an option. I want to look into it further. I thought the only way to be granted a defer was for extenuating circumstances. But it would make things definitely easier!

I have a friend that diverted Windsor recently for financial reasons. They seemed to be pretty accommodating. Congrats!