Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Accepted 2016

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#51 yye1

yye1
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:45 PM

What is your AGPA after drops?

Your index score is 72.5 if they use 3.6 GPA to calculate. It seems much lower than the cutoff at this moment.

3.6 on a 4.0 scale, dunno if that helps, I have no idea how drops and index score work at manitoba

#52 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

^When did you get that email?

January 13

Unfortunately I'm at the lower scraps of 74, so chances of me getting in are quite low unless many of you/other people are lucky enough to get in elsewhere and decline U of M. If I had 1 more course taken it would be a pretty different story though.

Edited by MaximumPenetration, 20 January 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#53 sharkman7

sharkman7
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationwinnipeg

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

January 13

Unfortunately I'm at the lower scraps of 74, so chances of me getting in are quite low unless many of you/other people are lucky enough to get in elsewhere and decline U of M. If I had 1 more course taken it would be a pretty different story though.

How low on the 74 side are you specifically? Depending on the number of applicants this year and how they changed their format (December last lsat accepted / 60 credits to be completed by December) this may have lowered the applicants this year. It was only 4-5 years back when index scores of 73.9x-74+ were being accepted off the MB waitlist so there is hope...possibly lol if as you said people accept elsewhere and remove themselves off the seating list after mid july when the waitlist switches to mb residents only :P

Edited by sharkman7, 20 January 2016 - 09:42 AM.

#54 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:59 AM

I'm at around a 74.15 I think. I'll be celebrating a lot if I do get accepted.

#55 David Wong

David Wong
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

3.6 on a 4.0 scale, dunno if that helps, I have no idea how drops and index score work at manitoba

I see. The drops may booster you GPA to 3.8 or even higher. So you actually index score should above then.

#56 sharkman7

sharkman7
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationwinnipeg

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

I'm at around a 74.15 I think. I'll be celebrating a lot if I do get accepted.

Hahaha amen to that. It's funny, if those who have accepted seats elsewhere wait until after mid july to inform robson hall, then all of the MB residents would essentially have a higher chance since the out of province applicants are taken off the list. But everyone deserves a fair chance, and robson hall even creating a resident only list is solid on its own grounds.

#57 Snowball

Snowball
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:13 AM

Do you guys think they'll make the waitlist earlier this year? Since they don't have to wait for winter marks and Feb LSATs?

#58 sharkman7

sharkman7
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationwinnipeg

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

Do you guys think they'll make the waitlist earlier this year? Since they don't have to wait for winter marks and Feb LSATs?

Probably not =( On the admissions applicant bulletin it says they will still be making the MB waitlist in july. Kind of sucks having to wait the entire summer to see if you get in or not.

#59 mfb

mfb
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Probably not =( On the admissions applicant bulletin it says they will still be making the MB waitlist in july. Kind of sucks having to wait the entire summer to see if you get in or not.

Really?! That sucks especially considering the rest of the acceptances are supposed to come out soon. I guess the only reason July would make sense is cause they give people time to decide...but I'm pretty sure they only give you until April. So not sure why the waitlist can't start moving in May.

#60 Cruizer

Cruizer
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

I self calculated my index to be 74.72. Will this land me on the waitlist potentially? 

#61 sharkman7

sharkman7
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationwinnipeg

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

I self calculated my index to be 74.72. Will this land me on the waitlist potentially? 

You will most likely be on the waitlist. If you are an out of province applicant however, at a certain point if you aren't accepted off the waitlist yet you will be taken off the list when it switches to MB residents only. 

#62 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Regular waitlist is some time March (probably). According to Marie.

Edited by MaximumPenetration, 20 January 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#63 PJ92

PJ92
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:52 AM

I was wondering if anyone has heard from Marie about when the next round of offers will be? I didn't make early admissom but with my December lsat my index score is above 78. Is there any reason I wouldn't get in? Thanks.

#64 MaximumPenetration

MaximumPenetration
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

I was wondering if anyone has heard from Marie about when the next round of offers will be? I didn't make early admissom but with my December lsat my index score is above 78. Is there any reason I wouldn't get in? Thanks.

Only if you've failed law school elsewhere.

78 should get you in on the next round of offers.

#65 cookiedoe

cookiedoe
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

Regular waitlist is some time March (probably). According to Marie.

Thanks for keeping us updated :)!

#66 mfb

mfb
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

So I'm not longer getting responses from Marie... lol... So anyone that has any updates please post :D
  • mfb likes this

#67 Pumpkin94

Pumpkin94
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

I have declined my offer to Manitoba today, hopefully this opens up a spot for one of you on here! Good luck to all!

#68 Radche

Radche
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

I have declined my offer to Manitoba today, hopefully this opens up a spot for one of you on here! Good luck to all!

I'll be doing the same thing soon. Best of luck!

#69 mfb

mfb
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

Is anyone else getting frustrated? Lol. Haven't heard anything anoht when offers are coming out in a while now
  • cookiedoe likes this

#70 fay

fay
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:45 AM

Offer declined today. Bonne chance!

#71 cookiedoe

cookiedoe
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Is anyone else getting frustrated? Lol. Haven't heard anything anoht when offers are coming out in a while now

I feel ya! I was looking forward to February being s relatively short month until I realized it was 2016 lol. An extra day feels like an extra week!

#72 sharkman7

sharkman7
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationwinnipeg

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

Since the waitlist is going to be created in march potentially compared to june/july in previous years, does anyone think this is beneficial to those who will be waitlisted as they will not have to wait until june/july to find out what their ranking is. Do you think this means they will also create the MB waitlist earlier this year too? On the applicant bulletin it says july but that seems strange creating the regular waitlist in march and mb waitlist still in july.

#73 cookiedoe

cookiedoe
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:15 AM

Since the waitlist is going to be created in march potentially compared to june/july in previous years, does anyone think this is beneficial to those who will be waitlisted as they will not have to wait until june/july to find out what their ranking is. Do you think this means they will also create the MB waitlist earlier this year too? On the applicant bulletin it says july but that seems strange creating the regular waitlist in march and mb waitlist still in july.

I've been curious about the very same thing! I kinda wish admissions would provide more information on how the cycle is progressing.

#74 sharkman7

sharkman7
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Locationwinnipeg

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

I hope they create the MB list earlier this year! It would definitely benefit residents a lot instead of making them suffer for the whole summer lol.

#75 1427

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

Admitted this morning with an index score of 77.422!

AGPA: 3.74 and LSAT of 163

Good luck everyone!