celli660

Accepted 2016

mfb    3

Okay. Just checking cause they told me the offers would be out anytime after today, likely this week. So odd lol

SeaRay    13

They told me the same thing, that offers will come out sometime this week. But that was at the end of last week so things could have changed since then.

Okay. Just checking cause they told me the offers would be out anytime after today, likely this week. So odd lol

cookiedoe    2

Hey guys!

I was just curious, in what way(s) could we expect this year's cycle to be affected by the change in last LSAT date and school term, if at all?

Also, does anyone know what the total number of applicants is this year?

mfb    3

Does this mean that when they make the next round of offers, you'll get one if your index is above 75.648? :/ 

• Like 1

David Wong    21

Got accepted

3.6 GPA, LSAT is 159

No manitoba connections. Going to wait until later in the cycle to see if I am going to accept

What is your AGPA after drops?

Your index score is 72.5 if they use 3.6 GPA to calculate. It seems much lower than the cutoff at this moment.

AnothaOne    24

Super late to posting this but I was accepted on Dec. 14th, 2015. Nice and early which was a huge relief for me!

If I did my calculations correctly, after drops and converting my remaining grades to the U of M 4.5 scale, my GPA was: 4.03/4.5

LSAT: 159.

Good luck everyone! :)

yye1    6

What is your AGPA after drops?

Your index score is 72.5 if they use 3.6 GPA to calculate. It seems much lower than the cutoff at this moment.

3.6 on a 4.0 scale, dunno if that helps, I have no idea how drops and index score work at manitoba

^When did you get that email?

January 13

Unfortunately I'm at the lower scraps of 74, so chances of me getting in are quite low unless many of you/other people are lucky enough to get in elsewhere and decline U of M. If I had 1 more course taken it would be a pretty different story though.

Edited by MaximumPenetration

sharkman7    0

January 13

Unfortunately I'm at the lower scraps of 74, so chances of me getting in are quite low unless many of you/other people are lucky enough to get in elsewhere and decline U of M. If I had 1 more course taken it would be a pretty different story though.

How low on the 74 side are you specifically? Depending on the number of applicants this year and how they changed their format (December last lsat accepted / 60 credits to be completed by December) this may have lowered the applicants this year. It was only 4-5 years back when index scores of 73.9x-74+ were being accepted off the MB waitlist so there is hope...possibly lol if as you said people accept elsewhere and remove themselves off the seating list after mid july when the waitlist switches to mb residents only :P

Edited by sharkman7

David Wong    21

3.6 on a 4.0 scale, dunno if that helps, I have no idea how drops and index score work at manitoba

I see. The drops may booster you GPA to 3.8 or even higher. So you actually index score should above then.

sharkman7    0

I'm at around a 74.15 I think. I'll be celebrating a lot if I do get accepted.

Hahaha amen to that. It's funny, if those who have accepted seats elsewhere wait until after mid july to inform robson hall, then all of the MB residents would essentially have a higher chance since the out of province applicants are taken off the list. But everyone deserves a fair chance, and robson hall even creating a resident only list is solid on its own grounds.

Snowball    0

Do you guys think they'll make the waitlist earlier this year? Since they don't have to wait for winter marks and Feb LSATs?

sharkman7    0

Do you guys think they'll make the waitlist earlier this year? Since they don't have to wait for winter marks and Feb LSATs?

Probably not =( On the admissions applicant bulletin it says they will still be making the MB waitlist in july. Kind of sucks having to wait the entire summer to see if you get in or not.

mfb    3

Probably not =( On the admissions applicant bulletin it says they will still be making the MB waitlist in july. Kind of sucks having to wait the entire summer to see if you get in or not.

Really?! That sucks especially considering the rest of the acceptances are supposed to come out soon. I guess the only reason July would make sense is cause they give people time to decide...but I'm pretty sure they only give you until April. So not sure why the waitlist can't start moving in May.