celli660

Accepted 2016

arpanp    13

Got accepted this morning.

Index score of 78 with a 3.85 GPA on the 4.5 scale in best 2 years.

LSAT score of 163.

Also no Manitoba connection. 

Edited by arpanp

MMLManitoba    0

I feel like that's lower than last year. Without me going to check, does anyone remember?

Last years was 75.893 so vey close, and 2014 was something around 75.29 I believe. 

Radche    137

Last years was 75.893 so vey close, and 2014 was something around 75.29 I believe.

That's very interesting. UofM has a great tuition rate, and I took my undergrad there. Going to seriously consider it as an option over the holidays.

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten in!

Edited by Radche

arpanp    13

Just a quick aside. Anyone else super thankful Manitoba gives applicants they gave offers to until April to decide if they wanna go there? Thats a long time and excellent that Mantioba gives that much leeway.

stalker    2

Accepted this morning! I calculated my index to be somewhere in the 77 range.

No Manitoba connection. Highest LSAT of 166. Forgot what the GPA was. I was a HUGE splitter with my cGPA being 3.1/4.0...the drops and conversion saved me.

Edited by stalker

yye1    6

Got accepted

3.6 GPA, LSAT is 159

No manitoba connections. Going to wait until later in the cycle to see if I am going to accept

sjl17    1

Accepted

LSAT is 158, no idea what my Manitoba GPA is after drops, if anyone knows how to find that please let me know. On a 4.0 scale cGPA should be a 3.7.

allstar    30

Accepted

LSAT is 158, no idea what my Manitoba GPA is after drops, if anyone knows how to find that please let me know. On a 4.0 scale cGPA should be a 3.7.

Just use this scale to convert to 4.5 scale

A+          4.5

A             4

A-           4

B+           3.5

B             3

B-            3

C+           2.5

C             2

C-            2

D+          1.5

D             1

D-           1

F              0

And then drop 6 worst courses.

Edited by allstar

FatPhil    4

I can't believe I'm in at a Canadian school. LSAT 170. GPA with drops in the 3.0-3.1 range (sub 3 before drops/conversion to 4.5 scale). No Manitoba connection. White male from U of T.

• Like 1

LawyerBryant    72

I can't believe I'm in at a Canadian school. LSAT 170. GPA with drops in the 3.0-3.1 range (sub 3 before drops/conversion to 4.5 scale). No Manitoba connection. White male from U of T.

congratulations sir.

FatPhil    4

Is UBC really much more difficult to get into than Manitoba? I understand they also use a formula in which the LSAT and GPA are weighted 50/50. This would make entry requirements comparable, no?

dovetail    5

Has anyone heard anything about scholarship offers? Just wondering if they went out with initial offers, or whether they go out separately...

• Like 1

celli660    239

Is UBC really much more difficult to get into than Manitoba? I understand they also use a formula in which the LSAT and GPA are weighted 50/50. This would make entry requirements comparable, no?

Yes, it is that much more difficult to get in to. Go read the acceptance threads at UBC.

• Like 1

Jethro    276

Yes, it is that much more difficult to get in to. Go read the acceptance threads at UBC.

Uh, yeah. It's not the formula; it's the statistics of the rest of the applicant pool that you're up against.

• Like 1

gkstnlrl    13

Just thought I'd let everyone know (you'll probably get the email too) that second round of acceptances won't be until after February 1st.

is this from admissions?

mfb    3

Yes, its from admissions. :)

Haven't gotten this email. Did you specifically email them?