Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Accepted 2016

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#51 Christmas

Christmas
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

Congrats every one on the acceptance.

#52 KAP

KAP
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationYep

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

Received an acceptance email this morning
Stats
L90: 3.8 L2: 3.9 LSAT: 159 (feb 2016)

Goodluck to everyone still waiting!

#53 Ozilboy

Ozilboy
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:38 PM

Received an acceptance email this morning
Stats
L90: 3.8 L2: 3.9 LSAT: 159 (feb 2016)

Goodluck to everyone still waiting!

Those are some fantastic stats. Will you be accepting?

• KAP likes this

#54 KAP

KAP
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationYep

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:17 PM

Those are some fantastic stats. Will you be accepting?

Thank you! This is the first school I've heard back from so I'm not positive yet. However, I've heard great things about TRU and am very seriously considering accepting.

#55 nicknameorpseudonym

nicknameorpseudonym
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

Congrats to everyone so far!

#56 AntelopeofZeus

AntelopeofZeus
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationWhere the antelope roam

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

I went and put in my deposit today. Unless I change my mind and decide to go to the U of A in the next month, I'll see you all in the Fall.

• eyeofthetiger likes this

#57 Christmas

Christmas
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:21 AM

I applied in January and still have not heard back. Wut does that me? Good or bad indications? Btw,I received a confirmation letter from them last week states that they received my application......

#58 FunnyLawName

FunnyLawName
  • Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:24 AM

I applied in January and still have not heard back. Wut does that me? Good or bad indications? Btw,I received a confirmation letter from them last week states that they received my application......

It doesn't mean anything. Just sit back and try to not to worry about it. If you've given yourself the best chance possible to get in then the whole thing is out of your hands.
  • Christmas likes this

#59 Christmas

Christmas
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

That's true. Thank you!

#60 celli660

celli660
  • Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:40 AM

I just rescinded my acceptance.

Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear!

• Christmas likes this

#61 CAutumn13

CAutumn13
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

Hello, 

I was just wondering how long it took before TRU said they had received your application (not with a decision, just the application itself).  It just occurred to me that I submitted my application the day before it was due (super last minute, I know!), and I haven't received an email from them saying they had received my application.  Do they even confirm that they received your application, or do they just contact you with a decision, whenever that is?  First time applying to law schools so not sure of the process.

Thanks for any clarification on this!

PS: I read the thread on verification of application, but a lot of people said that they contacted TRU to get confirmation of application receipt, rather than TRU contacting them.  Just wondering at others' experiences!

• Christmas and hermione like this

#62 YVR1991

YVR1991
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:27 PM

Hello, 

I was just wondering how long it took before TRU said they had received your application (not with a decision, just the application itself).  It just occurred to me that I submitted my application the day before it was due (super last minute, I know!), and I haven't received an email from them saying they had received my application.  Do they even confirm that they received your application, or do they just contact you with a decision, whenever that is?  First time applying to law schools so not sure of the process.

Thanks for any clarification on this!

PS: I read the thread on verification of application, but a lot of people said that they contacted TRU to get confirmation of application receipt, rather than TRU contacting them.  Just wondering at others' experiences!

I received a letter in the mail (I would say less than 2 weeks after I mailed out my application, honestly can't remember when I sent it out though) saying they had all the necessary materials to begin evaluating my application. Haven't heard anything since. They're really old school in how the operate :\

• hermione likes this

#63 Christmas

Christmas
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

I applied two months ago and I received a confirmation letter sent to me by mail that they have received it. They sent it 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back.
  • hermione likes this

#64 hermione

hermione
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

I applied two months ago and I received a confirmation letter sent to me by mail that they have received it. They sent it 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back.

I applied a while ago as well but my reference letters weren't all recieved until February 3. I asked through email to confirm that they recieved everything and when I applied I got a letter stating what they would need before evaluating my application. Should I be worried I haven't recieved anything in the mail?

#65 hermione

hermione
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

I applied a while ago as well but my reference letters weren't all recieved until February 3. I asked through email to confirm that they recieved everything and when I applied I got a letter stating what they would need before evaluating my application. Should I be worried that I haven't recieved anything in the mail saying they got all my documents?

Edited by hermione, 14 March 2016 - 05:49 PM.

• Christmas and hermione like this

#66 nicknameorpseudonym

nicknameorpseudonym
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:53 PM

@hermione

I never received anything in the mail until the hard copy of my acceptance offer was sent to me. I wouldn't worry too much.

Edited by nicknameorpseudonym, 14 March 2016 - 07:58 PM.

#67 hermione

hermione
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

@hermione

I never received anything in the mail until the hard copy of my acceptance offer was sent to me. I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks, I really appreciate it it's very stressful waiting for schools to respond
  • nicknameorpseudonym likes this

#68 Cruizer

Cruizer
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

Just got an acceptance email and they also mentioned that a hard copy was in the mail

L2: 3.5

LSAT: 163

Strong EC's (IMO)

#69 YVR1991

YVR1991
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

Just got an acceptance email and they also mentioned that a hard copy was in the mail

Strong EC's (IMO)

Congratulations! Looks like you have a decision to make now that you've gotten a few acceptances :) Best position to be in!

• Cruizer likes this

#70 Christmas

Christmas
  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:23 PM

U don't hv to worry- U CAN give them a call to see where are they at ur application...
  • hermione likes this

#71 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:58 PM

Strong EC's (IMO)

do you have an idea as to what your L90 grades are?

#72 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:58 PM

Strong EC's (IMO)

#73 Cruizer

Cruizer
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

I would say around the same as my L2..in the 3.4.-3.5 range

If anything it was my ECs and personal statement that got me in to TRU

#74 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

i see. Thanks.
  • Cruizer likes this

#75 celli660

celli660
  • Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:20 AM

I would say that your stats got you in, since I was admitted with similar stats on the first day of admissions.