Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Accepted 2016

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#226 MissJE

MissJE
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKamloops/AB

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

E-mailed a seat offer August 8/16.  I was shocked.  Best LSAT 156 and L3 between 3.35 and 3.5.  Reference letters include 1 from my previous employer, a partner of a law firm.  I am ecstaticcccccccccccccccc.  Good luck to all those still watching these threads, there's still hope!

Congrats and welcome to TRU! :)

Don't forget to join the Facebook group linked in my post above. Best way to get to get in touch with new classmates, ask upper year students questions, and get the most up to date info on orientation activities! 

See you in September!

#227 RHamill

RHamill
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

Accepted this morning!!!!! So, so happy, it's been a long road but it's finally happening!

LSAT: 151, 157, 156

CGPA: 3.2

Last 2: 3.5

LOR from a professor, the former coordinator of my volunteer group, and my boss. I was worried that there would be an issue because I didn't have at least two professors. I would say good ECs. I have until April 21st to pay the deposit

:D

Hey, is this calculated on a 4.0 scale with OLSAS? My OLSAS CGPA was a 3.27 and my Last 2 was a 3.5. Virtually the same as you. I was doubting my GPA as being acceptable to get in but a high 150 could possibly do the trick?

#228 Girby

Girby
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hey, is this calculated on a 4.0 scale with OLSAS? My OLSAS CGPA was a 3.27 and my Last 2 was a 3.5. Virtually the same as you. I was doubting my GPA as being acceptable to get in but a high 150 could possibly do the trick?

It appears that L90 is how TRU approaches GPA, not L2. You should be good with a 158+

#229 RHamill

RHamill
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

It appears that L90 is how TRU approaches GPA, not L2. You should be good with a 158+

thank you sir my L90 is fine my first year is what hit the CGPA unfortunately. Aiming for 160ish