ubcugrad

Accepted 2016

230 posts in this topic

congratulations! this has been a very difficult cycle. let's just say TRU has never been more competitive in the BC market than it is atm. 

pm me if you need any assistance.

Completely agree on how competitive TRU is becoming. I have a friend who was accepted with very very similar stats as those who have been rejected this year.

Hey folks!

Been lurking for some time now -- figured it was time to pull the trigger on registering an account on LS.

TRU Law seemed to take a shine to me awfully quickly: I received confirmation of a completed file on 5 Feb 2016, and an offer on 12 Feb 2016. As my acceptance came back so much sooner than any other school, I paid the $500 right then and there (one must hedge their bets, after all). I'm in!

Me: CGPA 3.43, UD GPA 3.61 (SFU grad, Dec 2008); LSAT 160 (80th pctl, Oct 2015); killer LORs; significant work experience in Business Development and co-operative housing management. Also, a punk rock musician. ;)

UBC and UVic gave me the ol' heave-ho, which was a bit disappointing at first, given I'm a Vancouver native and life-long resident. That said, the more I've considered the prospect of attending TRU, the more I've really come around to it. Pretty excited, actually.

USask has me on the waitlist. Dalhousie will interview me on June 9th. I'm beginning to think I'll decline them both.

Even with a good chance at Dalhousie, and all the prestige associated with it, I like the idea of attending a scrappy, new (BC!) school that's trying to make a name for itself.... prohibitively high tuition notwithstanding, of course. ;)

Work hard in law school. You're at a Canadian school. Nobody will ask where you got your law degree from five years down the line. 

Edited by TexasInstruments
2 people like this

Anyone have any updates? I wonder how many of us there are that are waiting to hear back? I saw TRU Law's convocation is this week. Hopefully we hear soon after!

Just called Sandy from Admissions. She said that she is currently working on the letters and hopes to have them all sent out by this week.

Just called Sandy from Admissions. She said that she is currently working on the letters and hopes to have them all sent out by this week.

lol they said that to me a week or two ago 

Same shit, different week haha... I've chatted with people from previous years who were accepted into late August if you can believe it. Really hope we get some acceptances soon.

Same shit, different week haha... I've chatted with people from previous years who were accepted into late August if you can believe it. Really hope we get some acceptances soon.

well trips me out because people were getting rejections via mail so im unsure whats happening there 

well trips me out because people were getting rejections via mail so im unsure whats happening there 

For those of us who have NOT been rejected yet, it must be a good sign.

1 person likes this

Accepted! Can't wait to meet you all.

CGPA: 3.60

Last 3: 4.01

LSAT: 153

Congratulations, did you find out through email or mail?

2 people like this

can any of the students on the admission committee this yr double check this.

Whoops! Sorry all, I typo'd and messed up on my stats... LSAT was 163 (not 153)

Also received my letter several weeks ago, just opened it late.