Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Accepted 2016

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Milo12345

Milo12345
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

In already via email this morning! 

GPA - 3.87

LSAT - 158

#2 Radche

Radche
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

Congrats! Now hopefully not too much longer before I hear back also.

Edit: Are you from New Brunswick?

Edited by Radche, 27 October 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#3 Milo12345

Milo12345
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

Congrats! Now hopefully not too much longer before I hear back also.

Edit: Are you from New Brunswick?

Not a resident but ties to New Brunswick. 

#4 flash21

flash21
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

dude what.. they are accepting people already?

#5 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

In already via email this morning!

GPA - 3.87
LSAT - 158

congrats. Is that GPA with drops?

#6 BaymanLawyer

BaymanLawyer
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

In this morning!

GPA - 3.87 (w/ drops)
LSAT - 162 (85th percentile)

#7 Milo12345

Milo12345
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

congrats. Is that GPA with drops?

Yeah w/ drops

#8 sjk14

sjk14
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

Congrats. 

154 LSAT, 3.85 GPA (w/drops), 3.5 cGPA

Dedicated my undergrad to volunteering on a global level, Dean's list, Law TA

..Newfie

Thoughts?

#9 disobedientavocado

disobedientavocado
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

Hey milo12345! may i know when you applied? and of course! Many Congrats to you :)

Edited by disobedientavocado, 28 October 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#10 Milo12345

Milo12345
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:41 AM

Hey milo12345! may i know when you applied? and of course! Many Congrats to you :)

I am pretty sure it was around the 10th 

#11 puckhead

puckhead
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

Congrats. 

154 LSAT, 3.85 GPA (w/drops), 3.5 cGPA

Dedicated my undergrad to volunteering on a global level, Dean's list, Law TA

..Newfie

Thoughts?

should be a done deal IMO (LSAT could be a tad higher but likely in)

#12 LSL

LSL
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

Others who are accepted, when did you apply?

I know they accept in order of applications, so I'm wondering if I should apply soon. I was never planning on UNB because I always wanted something in Ontario. But I've applied to 4 Ontario schools, and am thinking about UNB since it seems to be a bit easier

LSAT 155 (really messed up that day)
GPA round 78%/lower 80s depending

Edited by LSL, 28 October 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#13 BaymanLawyer

BaymanLawyer
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:17 PM

Others who are accepted, when did you apply?
I know they accept in order of applications, so I'm wondering if I should apply soon. I was never planning on UNB because I always wanted something in Ontario. But I've applied to 4 Ontario schools, and am thinking about UNB since it seems to be a bit easier
LSAT 155 (really messed up that day)
GPA round 78%/lower 80s depending

I sent in my application around the 10th of October!

#14 jaberry

jaberry
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAB

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

I sent in my application around the 10th of October!

I sent mine in around the middle of September. Hopefully I hear back soon... All this waiting is driving me crazy!

#15 allstar

allstar
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:23 AM

I applied last week, just wondering how you guys were notified when accepted. When I login it says my application was successfully admitted, just wondering if they email or how you check.

#16 sciencelawyer

sciencelawyer
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

Not sure if this helps, but for last year's application cycle, Wanda sends an acceptance e-mail (and the status will also change to 'accepted into program' on the online application system). 

• allstar likes this

#17 AntelopeofZeus

AntelopeofZeus
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationWhere the antelope roam

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

For those of you who have been accepted, did you send in three reference letters along with your application?

Just wondering, because it has been hell getting my reference letters in.

The first one got lost by UNB's internal mail system, although it did make it through on the second try. I have no idea what's happened to the other two, as they were sent weeks ago, and then resent by email a week and a half ago.

My application has been marked as "not reviewed" in the grad apply system and I think that's why being as everything else has been marked as complete.

My reference letters went through to all my other schools seamlessly, so it would be nice to know what's going on, although I know people on lawstudents.ca can't help me with that.

#18 East

East
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

For those of you who have been accepted, did you send in three reference letters along with your application?

Just wondering, because it has been hell getting my reference letters in.

The first one got lost by UNB's internal mail system, although it did make it through on the second try. I have no idea what's happened to the other two, as they were sent weeks ago, and then resent by email a week and a half ago.

My application has been marked as "not reviewed" in the grad apply system and I think that's why being as everything else has been marked as complete.

My reference letters went through to all my other schools seamlessly, so it would be nice to know what's going on, although I know people on lawstudents.ca can't help me with that.

UNB doesn't require references so I doubt they would hold up reviewing your application, unless you told them there were reference letters to be included with your application and they are waiting for them.

Also, your status will stay as not reviewed until you get either accepted or rejected. There is no middle ground. When I got in a couple of years ago I went to bed not reviewed and woke up to "Accepted into program" and an e-mail from Wanda. 

#19 zoinksjinkies

zoinksjinkies
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

GPA just above 3.5 without drops 
LSAT 153, re-writing in Dec

NS resident but completed undergrad in Ontario

Senate Page and UN intern 

Can anyone speculate as to what my chances for admission may be? 

Edited by zoinksjinkies, 17 November 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#20 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:30 PM

GPA just above 3.5 without drops
LSAT 153, re-writing in Dec

NS resident but completed undergrad in Ontario
Senate Page and UN intern

Can anyone speculate as to what my chances for admission may be?

not so great. Get that lsat up to 160 and you should get an acceptance.

#21 LestatdeLioncourt

LestatdeLioncourt
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:23 PM

I got accepted today however, I want to think on my options/wait for other acceptances to come in before choosing a school.  Did you guys reply immediately?  Also, when do you hear about possible entrance scholarships?

Edited by LestatdeLioncourt, 18 November 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#22 Milo12345

Milo12345
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

I got accepted today however, I want to think on my options/wait for other acceptances to come in before choosing a school.  Did you guys reply immediately?  Also, when do you hear about possible entrance scholarships?

I haven't given a response yet.  I believe most people hold off in deciding to crunch numbers, look into different cities, wait on scholarships offers, etc.

I am unsure about scholarships but perhaps email Wanda? She has been great in getting back to my emails. 

#23 LestatdeLioncourt

LestatdeLioncourt
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

I haven't given a response yet.  I believe most people hold off in deciding to crunch numbers, look into different cities, wait on scholarships offers, etc.

I am unsure about scholarships but perhaps email Wanda? She has been great in getting back to my emails. 

Thanks for the advice, I just wasn't sure what the protocol was for acceptance emails.  Whether I should send a "thank you very much for the offer" email or just wait till I make my final decision.

#24 LestatdeLioncourt

LestatdeLioncourt
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

I didn't send any letters of reference.

#25 puckhead

puckhead
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the advice, I just wasn't sure what the protocol was for acceptance emails.  Whether I should send a "thank you very much for the offer" email or just wait till I make my final decision.

Often they'll give a date that you need to respond by and then you can get in the game of paying deposits waiting for your #1 to come through!  Still probably nice to respond by saying "thanks" - no need to send a deposit until the date indicated however