pvds

Accepted 2015

125 posts in this topic

Accepted as of a few weeks ago...

LSAT: 157

L2 GPA: 3.3

*Solid resume and references

Still waiting on U of S, will decline if I get in there. Anyone accepted recently, and if so, what are your stats?

1 person likes this

Accepted as of a few weeks ago...

LSAT: 157

L2 GPA: 3.3

*Solid resume and references

Still waiting on U of S, will decline if I get in there. Anyone accepted recently, and if so, what are your stats?

Congratulations!

Duffman, did you get accepted off of the waitlist? Or was it a straight acceptance? Congratulations btw!

1 person likes this

Duffman, did you get accepted off of the waitlist? Or was it a straight acceptance? Congratulations btw!

Thanks! Straight acceptance, no wait list... was pleasantly surprised, as my numbers aren't spectacular. Really good softs sealed the deal, I'm assuming

Thanks! Straight acceptance, no wait list... was pleasantly surprised, as my numbers aren't spectacular. Really good softs sealed the deal, I'm assuming

That's how it was for me too.  Gotta love the holistic schools for that.  

Congrats!

Edited by Stark
1 person likes this

First time poster.

Accepted back in early March. Excited! 

Hey BWM. What are your stats (LSAT, GPA)?

Anyone know when the next round of offers might go out?

Also, does anyone know how full the class is already?

Lastly, has anyone ever found it helpful to call in about their application status?

Thanks and apologies for any dumb/self-explanatory questions.

Anyone know when the next round of offers might go out?

Also, does anyone know how full the class is already?

Lastly, has anyone ever found it helpful to call in about their application status?

Thanks and apologies for any dumb/self-explanatory questions.

Well there are currently 61 members in the Facebook group, tho apparently some members are upper years, so who knows. And no, from what I understand, it's not helpful to call or make inquiries about your status at pretty much any school. Just sit back and let them do their jobs.

Well there are currently 61 members in the Facebook group, tho apparently some members are upper years, so who knows. And no, from what I understand, it's not helpful to call or make inquiries about your status at pretty much any school. Just sit back and let them do their jobs.

I took a look at the group and by my count there are 14 upper years in there.  Could be more though as I don't really know a lot of the current 1Ls.

Anyone not heard from TRU? I haven't been waitlisted or rejected. I don't think that's a good sign

Edited by EdeAndRavenscroft

Just created this account today but was accepted back on March 6. Just barely made the time cut off for applying as they lost one of my transcripts and two of my three letters of reference :/ Anyway, here's my stats:

LSAT 166

CGPA: 3.24

Mature student, lots of ec's.

Anyone not heard from TRU? I haven't been waitlisted or rejected. I don't think that's a good sign

I also have not heard a word from TRU. My online banking showed a while back that they cashed my cheque, which thus far has been my only confirmation that my application was received.

I posted my acceptance a while ago but I thought it might be helpful to post my stats for those still waiting to hear. Since I don't know how TRU calculates things I will simply put my GPAs from each post-secondary program.  

Undergrad Programs

1 yr certificate: 3.51

2 yr diploma: 3.66

4 yr degree: 2.70

LSAT

1st attempt: 160

2nd attempt: 158

Not exactly the most competitive numbers but I'd say a good resume with solid ECs and LORs can go a long way when applying to more holistic schools.

Still waiting to hear from UofC, UofS, and UofM

Anyone know when the next round of emails will be going out? Seems awfully quiet in this thread. 

I called/emailed TRU and received an email response on April 21 saying that due to the exams, they review committee will not be reviewing application for another 3 weeks.  That seems pretty late...I have not heard back either way from TRU (waitlisted or rejected)...also still waiting to hear back from UofS, accepted from UofM under Individual Consideration.

Hope this helps...

2 people like this

I posted my acceptance a while ago but I thought it might be helpful to post my stats for those still waiting to hear. Since I don't know how TRU calculates things I will simply put my GPAs from each post-secondary program.  

Undergrad Programs

1 yr certificate: 3.51

2 yr diploma: 3.66

4 yr degree: 2.70

LSAT

1st attempt: 160

2nd attempt: 158

Not exactly the most competitive numbers but I'd say a good resume with solid ECs and LORs can go a long way when applying to more holistic schools.

Still waiting to hear from UofC, UofS, and UofM

Congratulations on your acceptance!

May I ask if they counted your diploma marks in your GPA calculation and if your 2.70 from your degree includes drops? Also, did you apply in the regular category?

Thanks so much!

I honestly don't know what they used to calculate my overall GPA and I didn't ask. My 2.7 was the cumulative of the four year degree with no drops. I decided to apply in the regular category because I didn't think I was quite old enough for my age to be a significant factor and I had no excuse for my grades.

I honestly don't know what they used to calculate my overall GPA and I didn't ask. My 2.7 was the cumulative of the four year degree with no drops. I decided to apply in the regular category because I didn't think I was quite old enough for my age to be a significant factor and I had no excuse for my grades.

Congratulations MissJE!

I have a 155 LSAT (not great, I know) but my GPA from undergrad and MBA (at TRU) is about a 3.9.  Lots of work experience, great LORs and work experience...hoping I get into TRU.  Although tuition is higher, but living in BC will be better for me.

Hope I hear sooner than later...there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason in their method.

1 person likes this

Got an email yesterday with my acceptance! Waiting on Western, Queens, York, and Windsor, but may have to accept the TRU offer due to the May 8th deadline they gave me. 

165, 3.2, decent softs, great LORs

who needs a roommate?!