pvds

Accepted 2015

I believe that is correct. I did that with my second choice school and will now forfeit the deposit as I got my acceptance to TRU yesterday. Sucks but I decided that an extra $300 in the long run would be worth it to hold a spot just in case.

If you don't mind me asking, what school did you pass up on

If you don't mind me asking, what school did you pass up on

I think i remembered reading Jeezy got in at USask also.

Edited by NHH

When I spoke to them a couple of days ago, was told that they, like UofC take a holistic approach to the evaluation. There are no real stats out there...and she seemed a bit reluctant to give me any particular numbers as far as GPA and LSAT go....

• Like 1

^ Pretty much that.  I do believe they still look at your L90 but just like other holistic schools it's the application as a whole.  Just looking at the stats from the people recently accepted you can see there's no real trend there.

Talk about unprofessional.

Other holistic schools at least offer some sort of guideline. Cal mentions they focus on last 60 and windsor offer some insight in regards to their admissions process .

None of the above can be found with TRL sadly.

Other holistic schools at least offer some sort of guideline. Cal mentions they focus on last 60 and windsor offer some insight in regards to their admissions process .

What is TRL? 

Also, have you checked here:

http://www.tru.ca/law/prospective-students/faq.html#one

Edited by eyeofthetiger

All of the holistic schools criteria are pretty similar.  Windsor may break it down to however many steps they have but it's all the same thing.  Holistic means they look at everything.  Do you really need it spelled out for you?  

• Like 2

Yup 4pt scale, I do have a strong upward trend though so that may have made a difference (L2 is 3.45)

Long timer lurker, first post. Accepted today. Will be accepting.

Stats:

LSAT – 145; 153.

cGPA – 3.6ish

Best 2 – 3.88

Strong ECs and reference letters

Concerning the LSAT, don't let your score deter you from applying or expecting an acceptance. Looking forward to meeting those that also accept in September. 

Also, a question: at this stage of application cycle, is it still considered early?

In via email.

65th percentile LSAT, unsure of GPA but around a B. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never heard of only having a week to accept the spot.

Long timer lurker, first post. Accepted today. Will be accepting.

Stats:

LSAT – 145; 153.

cGPA – 3.6ish

Best 2 – 3.88

Strong ECs and reference letters

Concerning the LSAT, don't let your score deter you from applying or expecting an acceptance. Looking forward to meeting those that also accept in September. 

Also, a question: at this stage of application cycle, is it still considered early?

I would guess that it isn't that early in TRU's cycle if they are making offers to applicants with LSATs at or below the 65th percentile and giving them only a week to accept.

Edited by Ptolemy
  • Like 1

I would guess that it isn't that early in TRU's cycle if they are making offers to applicants with LSATs at or below the 65th percentile and giving them only a week to accept.

Thanks. I was curious as I don't seem to be the first to be offered a spot with a low LSAT (see law90 on the first page of the thread reporting a 154). I was more so inquiring as to the date of being "early," but I see your point regarding the lower the statistics the further along the cycle it may be for TRU.

Also accepted via email today.

LSAT: 150 and 159
B2: ~3.45

Accepted roughly 2.5 weeks following the email stating all documents had been received.

Edited by Oilersfan

In as of today (4.1, 3.9, 157). Will be accepting the offer but losing my deposit if I hear from my #1 (UVIC)

Congrats everybody!

I should elaborate on my acceptance.

My cGPA was approximately 3.3. My GPA has been calculated on a 4 point scale, and I have not calculated my last 3 years.

I had very strong Letters of Reference, and majored in Business Law and Economics during my undergrad.

I hope this helps anybody who is still waiting to hear from TRU!

I should've mentioned I applied and was accepted via the special/discretionary category hence the low stats.