pvds

Accepted 2015

pvds    7

I just got the email.

Stats are 79% best two and 161 lsat. I have been working at a law firm for the past eight months. My references came from one of the lawyers at the firm and two professors.

I am a Sask residence and completed my bachelor degree this last fall.

Edited by pvds

law90    4

Accepted via email.

Overall GPA: 3.8

Last 90: 3.93

LSAT: 154

Edited by law90

Limbo    0

Accepted yesterday early evening via email. 

CGPA: 3.4

LSAT: 165

Have one week to make my decision, and one more to make the deposit. Likely declining, but still unsure. 

Stark    531

Nice to see administration getting the ball rolling early!  Congrats to all of you who have been accepted!  

MGZD    4

Just declined my offer today (was accepted jan 24 via email). Good luck to everyone waiting!

Hi all,

I might have asked this question last cycle but I honestly do not remember the answer. Does TRU look at discretionary applicants later in the cycle or at the same time as everyone else?

Thanks!

GrimesA    6

Hey everyone,

got the call as well today!

3.2 ish Cum GPA

Good EC's!

Excited for my first acceptance

Anyone start an inaugural class yet?

• Like 1

uglydog    1

Accepted today

L90: 3.51

LSAT: 162

Leaning towards accepting but want to hear from other schools. TRU wants an answer in a week. I supposed if I accept and pay the $200 deposit then end up deciding to go somewhere else instead, I can just withdraw my acceptance and lose the $200?

GrimesA    6

Ugly dog Im wondering the same thing. Iv been waitlisted at a few other schools, and havent heard back from many others. I want to hold my seat at TRU (and im actually leaning towards going there!) but dont want to withdraw completely before hearing from other schools!

If anyone knows how this works with TRU please help clear it up!

bcboymtlman    11

Accepted today

Leaning towards accepting but want to hear from other schools. TRU wants an answer in a week. I supposed if I accept and pay the $200 deposit then end up deciding to go somewhere else instead, I can just withdraw my acceptance and lose the $200?

Ugly dog Im wondering the same thing. Iv been waitlisted at a few other schools, and havent heard back from many others. I want to hold my seat at TRU (and im actually leaning towards going there!) but dont want to withdraw completely before hearing from other schools!

If anyone knows how this works with TRU please help clear it up!

Heres a direct quote from the application:

"Thompson Rivers University will share with other Canadian law schools the names of successful applicants, but will share no other information. "

Im not sure what exactly that means at the end of the day. Will they actually actively seek out other schools to let them know. Are they just saying that XYZ students have been admitted or do they mean "successful" as in XYZ students have been admitted and have accepted?

jeezy    6

Accepted today

I believe that is correct. I did that with my second choice school and will now forfeit the deposit as I got my acceptance to TRU yesterday. Sucks but I decided that an extra $300 in the long run would be worth it to hold a spot just in case.

Edited by jeezy