Bearbait

TRU SLS VP: Making myself available for questions.

27 posts in this topic

Hey GrimesA,

I can't really give you a quick fix on this issue but I can tell you that they are contacting people who do not have complete applications.

Your best bet for contact is through e-mail but they do receive tons of e-mails so it can take them awhile to get back to you. Unfortunately, the admissions department is slightly understaffed which has led to longer wait times on replies.

Hope that helps.

~James

Hi Bearbait,

No idea if you are able to answer my question but im wondering how many applications TRU receives each year? Ballpark?

Ive been accepted for Sept 2015 and am really curious.

Thanks so much in advance!!

I'm not sure what the exact number will be this year.

They have brought in more applicants each year and I am not sure what the target goal is. I'm not sure if it will continue to raise of if we can expect about the same as last year.

Last year was around 115 first years. The year before it was around 100 students.

Does the faculty have any plans for an international exchange program? I've been accepted for September 2015 and am really hoping to participate in an exchange!

Does the faculty have any plans for an international exchange program? I've been accepted for September 2015 and am really hoping to participate in an exchange!

We don't have anything official yet but you can get a Letter of Permission and still do an exchange.  We had a few people who did that the last few years.  

2 people like this

Yes - like Stark said, there is a process in place to allow for exchanges. If you are thinking about doing that you should start inquiring about it in your first year so you know what has to be done.

Right now students have to do all the leg work. We don't currently have any partnerships with other international schools but it is on the Dean's to-do list.

Well, my time as External VP is done. We just had elections a couple weeks ago and there is a brand new SLS Executive in place.

I'm still going to be hanging around the TRU forum but I am going to go back to being a bear.

Hope this was helpful and feel free to PM me with any questions.

1 person likes this