Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

166/3.88 cumulative GPA, 3.91 best two years, chances of Osgoode?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leko05

leko05
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Locationontario

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

I'm a bit of a worrier. Was really happy with my LSAT, but wondering if it's good enough to get into Osgoode, and to possibly be offered bursary money because of financial need? Or, is that reserved for people with 170's? Really excited, but also very nervous, not sure if seats there fill up more quickly. Any advice would help. 

#2 Ptolemy

Ptolemy
  • Members
  • 1330 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm a bit of a worrier. Was really happy with my LSAT, but wondering if it's good enough to get into Osgoode, and to possibly be offered bursary money because of financial need? Or, is that reserved for people with 170's? Really excited, but also very nervous, not sure if seats there fill up more quickly. Any advice would help. 

Bursaries tend to be awarded on the basis of financial need. Other types of merit (e.g., community involvement, leadership, or strong academic record) are usually necessary things to get scholarship money. 

You'll get into Osgoode with those stats. And since I have a friend who got offered scholarship money at Oz last cycle with a lower LSAT and similar GPA, I wouldn't be surprised if you got some scholarship money too. 

#3 Turkeytime

Turkeytime
  • Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I agree with Ptolemy, I also know people who were awarded scholarships with similar stats to you. Most of their scholarships are based on financial need :)

#4 leko05

leko05
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Locationontario

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Thanks guys, that makes me feel a whole lot better. Law school is expensive, and right now I don't think I can afford it without help. 

#5 GrdkStv

GrdkStv
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

None. Better apply to Cooley.

Just kidding you're fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users