Uriel

Maps and Summaries

60 posts in this topic

EDIT

By clicking this link, you expressly acknowledge and agree that the document files linked hereto are provided on a strict "as-is" basis with no representations or warranties made as to quality or reliability.  You expressly acknowledge and agree that the files linked herein are the unreliable, badly flawed product of a law student created for his own use and ought not to be relied upon for the purposes of legal information or advice, nor for information or advice pertaining to proper preparation for a law school exam.  You expressly acknowledge and agree that reliance upon the files linked hereto is unreasonable and an extremely bad idea.  You acknowledge that you have been informed that none of the files linked hereto are represented to be in any way superior to any other student's notes, and reliance thereupon for the purposes of writing an exam is no guarantee of any particular results.  These maps are out of date.  They are in many cases incorrect.  They were created by someone with incomplete legal training and were not created by a qualified lawyer.  You acknowledge and agree by clicking on this link that you waive any and all causes of action against the author and any entity affiliated with lawstudents.ca and forever indemnify and hold harmless the same from any damages that may result in any form whatsoever that arise as a result of the use of the files linked.  These documents are provided purely for the demonstration of a particular format of exam preparation and neither the content nor the format is held out to be in any way superior to any other format of exam preparation and the content is not held out as being accurate.  THE DOCUMENTS LINKED HERETO ARE NOT AN ACCURATE STATEMENT OF THE LAW IN ANY AREA AND BY CLICKING THIS LINK YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY MUST NOT BE RELIED UPON IN ANY WAY AS LEGAL ADVICE OR INFORMATION.  YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE DOCUMENTS LINKED HERETO ARE OUT OF DATE, ARE INACCURATE AND INCOMPLETE, AND WERE NOT CREATED BY A LICENSED LAWYER.  YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT RELIANCE UPON THE DOCUMENTS LINKED HERETO IS UNREASONABLE AND INADVISABLE AND IS VIRTUALLY CERTAIN TO CAUSE DAMAGES, AGAINST WHICH YOU FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS OF ACTION.  YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU REQUIRE LEGAL ADVICE OR INFORMATION, THE ONLY APPROPRIATE ACTION IS TO CONTACT A LICENSED LEGAL PRACTITIONER IN YOUR JURISDICTION.

EDIT

Hi all,

I think I've finally done it and attracted more than 100 PMs asking for maps and summaries.  I'm absolutely awful for not having responded to any of them because I keep meaning to sticky them up here for easy reference.  So, to everyone that has asked and been disappointed at the lack of a reply: sorry! 

I've asked this before, but now I'm making a new thread to attract attention.  Can anyone recommend the best service to use to upload those files for ease of download that doesn't require a lot of personal information or cost on my end, or that doesn't require special software (Dropbox) or an account (Google Docs) for the downloader to use? 

Alternatively, does anyone have reliable web space in perpetuity that they would be willing to volunteer?

Thanks very much, and I hope to edit this post soon with links below to the various files I'll upload.

13 people like this

or that doesn't require special software (Dropbox) or an account (Google Docs) for the downloader to use? 

Google Docs does not require a user account to view files. Just make sure you've set your sharing options on the document so that they can be viewed by anyone with a link.

I can't vouch for whether this protects the anonymity of the poster, though.

Hi all,

I think I've finally done it and attracted more than 100 PMs asking for maps and summaries.  I'm absolutely awful for not having responded to any of them because I keep meaning to sticky them up here for easy reference.  So, to everyone that has asked and been disappointed at the lack of a reply: sorry! 

I've asked this before, but now I'm making a new thread to attract attention.  Can anyone recommend the best service to use to upload those files for ease of download that doesn't require a lot of personal information or cost on my end, or that doesn't require special software (Dropbox) or an account (Google Docs) for the downloader to use? 

Alternatively, does anyone have reliable web space in perpetuity that they would be willing to volunteer?

Thanks very much, and I hope to edit this post soon with links below to the various files I'll upload.

I'm at 49 emails, though I know I've missed a couple. I apologize for that.

Edited by Pyke

I think google Docs is your best bet. Also, probably a stupid question: can you only use maps and summaries from the same university and professors? For example, if I am a 1L at Windsor I won't be messaging someone from Queens for their 1L summaries and maps, correct?

Edited by Sundinftw

The law is the law, so it's handy in that way --- just be sure that the map accords with the preferred interpretation of that law put forward by your professor, and remove cases the class did not cover and put in cases the class did cover that aren't in the map.  Every Constitutional class is going to cover Parsons, but not all of them will necessarily consider Friends of the Oldman River or the National Securities Regulator reference.

Friends of the Oldman River

U of C has an obsession over that case.  I think I've read it six separate times.  Well, "read."

4 people like this

U of C has an obsession over that case.  I think I've read it six separate times.  Well, "read."

So you still have no idea about the holding? :)

Don't the various law student societies host cans and summaries already?

UBC has a whole database set up for it... http://www.ubclss.org/can_main.html  organized by course, prof, etc... In years past there were prizes and shit for uploading cans to the database.

Or is that just a west coast thing?  Or have I missed the point or something?

Edited by kurrika

Everyone looking for these kinds of things also needs to keep in mind that the law does change, so if you're working from outdated materials you may be using the wrong law. I'm sure Uriel's got some great documents but if he took contracts before Tercon then you could run into some problems trying to use his contracts materials. :)

Edited by iheartbooks

Don't the various law student societies host cans and summaries already?

UBC has a whole database set up for it... http://www.ubclss.org/can_main.html  organized by course, prof, etc... In years past there were prizes and shit for uploading cans to the database.

Or is that just a west coast thing?  Or have I missed the point or something?

UofA does not. We have to pay for printed copies. Props to the UBC LSS for doing it right.

1 person likes this

I took admin law before Roncarelli.

That's nothing. There's this old guy who's around here once in a while, Rumpole, who took constitutional before the magna carta.

3 people like this

DropBox works really well, it's free and doesn't require an account or software. You just need to make an account and put everything in the public folder, then paste the link to the public folder.

1 person likes this

UofA does not. We have to pay for printed copies. Props to the UBC LSS for doing it right.

That's... super lame.

Does it at least go to pay for the grad dinner or something?

That's... super lame.

Does it at least go to pay for the grad dinner or something?

Yeah its a fundraiser.

Yeah its a fundraiser.

i did not know this. I really shouldn't be giving any advice about UofA at all.

Edited by Another Hutz

Hi all,

Did you end up getting them posted, Uriel?  :-P