1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 914

1. 2.6k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   44 Members, 0 Anonymous, 158 Guests (See full list)

• Kibitzer
    • bxxm10
    • HWGA3
    • Tuesdaysgone
    • Rigel
    • TheWingerGuarantee
    • LabsFollow
    • Aschenbach
    • warraeli
    • BlockedQuebecois
    • foddrina
    • e4bu
    • BigRed
    • judgeejudy
    • biffo852
    • canlawgirl
    • Froom
    • Lawyerup36
    • Scrantonicity2
    • MyWifesBoyfriend
    • chillypepper
    • boxinthenorth
    • HRLY
    • ABru
    • ellywoodsy
    • cc799
    • Mal
    • BHC1
    • Lawladyy
    • cptn_Canuck
    • Lawstudents20202020
    • lsprospect
    • Legallybrunetteee
    • lawstudent6000
    • droit123
    • AllanC
    • foreverwestcoast
    • am0229
    • notterrible
    • scrdwhtby
    • mimi123
    • LegalBagel
    • Volenti
    • CleanHands

• Recent Posts

• biffo852
      Hey! I might have met you during U Vic open day. I had the same feelings as you about U Vic. But ultimately, there are so many Vancouver Big law people that came out of U Vic. Social justice and indigenous law are definitely huge, but many do not go to U Vic for those themes.  If you liked Victoria, and you want to practice in Vancouver, then I think you should go U Vic. You can go hiking and hang out at the beach every weekend. You still get an education from a good institution (I don't think Western has any advantage on U Vic other than in Ontario).  London is definitely less beautiful than Victoria, and has much less nature. Victoria is really growing as a city too.  If you think you'll somehow end up in Bay Street, then Western for sure. But you're not sure.  Full disclosure, I had to choose between an Ontario school and U Vic a while ago, and I chose Ontario but only because it was Oz (location, reputation won out). But if I had to choose between U Vic and Western I would absolutely choose U Vic. 
    • Ob16
      Just finished 1L. Can absolutely recommend uOttawa. I’m from a smaller city and not much of a city person but I absolutely love Ottawa. Tons of parks, walking trails, and amazing for biking/walking/running along the canal and skating on it in the winter. The schools in a great location. 
    • HRLY
      Hi my name is Austin, I’m 25M starting 1L this year.  I’m from outside the GTA (London ON area) looking for a roommate to split a place with. I’m fairly flexible with budget/location however I’d prefer a place on the west side of Line 1 north of St. Clair West. If you’re interested in chatting to see if we’re a good fit please send me a msg here or on Instagram @austinhrly
    • Lawstudents20202020
      The biggest consideration you should be asking yourself is where do you want to practice once you graduate. 
    • Annie
      Thank you for your reply. Without receiving email replies, I will try to call LPP. 
    • uoftearsalumna
      Wondering the same with regards to grades. My grades have improved in 2L as well. Also with respect to networking/coffee chats - does that matter a ton with the articling recruit? 
    • Dinsdale
      Those three schools are in three distinct geographic regions and will each have regional advantages for job prospects, so I gotta ask -- where do you want to work??  That has to be the #1 criterion, doesn't it?  Speaking strictly from the Bay St. perspective, U of O is the choice.  But if not Bay St., then the others are attractive choices too.
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.