Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Conversion Tables: Raw Score - Scaled Score - Percentile

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tarabara

tarabara
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has an accurate (up-to-date) chart that shows raw score - scaled score - percentile.

I found this online but my mark seems too high to be true...haha

http://www.alpha-sco... ... onversion/

It says it was updated in March 2010.

Anyone know if it's accurate, or have a chart that is?!!

#2 Lawgirl20

Lawgirl20
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

I'm pretty sure there are different scales for each different test. I have a book of practice tests and the same raw score results in a different scaled score depending on the test. Therefore, I don't think there is one universal score table, such as the one you posted, that will give you an accurate percentile score.

Hopefully this helps to answer your question.

#3 sonandera

sonandera
  • Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

LSAT scores generally correspond to about the same percentile each test (e.g. 172 is about 99th percentile, 164 is 90th); however, the raw score-LSAT score correlation (often referred to as the "curve") varies from test to test.

#4 Addicted to LSAT

Addicted to LSAT
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

The conversion chart you referenced is accurate however it's an amalgamation of all LSAT test scores in the 2007-2010 testing years. The data comes directly from LSAC.
It gives you the best possible approximation but each test will have it's own percentile spread resulting in minor variations (1-2%) from that chart. The only way to get more accurate is with the specific percentile results for your specific test. As far as I'm aware, LSAC doesn't provide these.

#5 sierray

sierray
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, UK

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

Oxford Seminars gives out this chart:

http://www.oxfordsem...sat-test-scores

It only has the scaled score/percentile as the raw to scale score changes per exam.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users