Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

GPA conversion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sheeb

Sheeb
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm having a hard time finding how Saskatchewan converts other peoples GPA. Does anyone know where I can find the correct information. I got to school at UBC and we use a percentage/grade system but does UofS have the same kind of system where a 4.0 is above 85, 3.7 80-84, 3.3 76-79 etc.....can anyone confirm this?

#2 LawyerGirl

LawyerGirl
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

http://careers.mcmas... ... sion-chart

#3 Sheeb

Sheeb
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

^^^ Thanks but Mcmaster University is not the University of Sask. Just because you typed it into google doesn't always mean the first hit is the right answer, plus that gpa scale is the same as OLSAS. So anyways, can anyone else provide me with some knowledgable insight?

#4 morpheusjohnson

morpheusjohnson
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

No need to lose our cool here, especially when someone is just trying to help. If you would turn your attention to the university's website, you would note the following: "Past experience indicates that as a general rule, successful applicants must have a grade point average of 3.4 or better on a 4-point scale (approximately a B+ average or 80% average) in pre-law studies"

#5 comeleon99

comeleon99
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

Here is USask's conversion Spreadsheet.
www.usask.ca/cgsr/downloads/GradeConversion.xls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users