Rebekkah88

Average age for 1Ls?

Rebekkah88    1

Hi just wondering how old most people are when the start their first year? Thought it would be interesting to know.

I will be 22 when i start

UpAboveIt715    647

From what I read, the average age ranges from 24-26 I believe.

I'll be 26 but; given the fact that after I got home from work today I spent 60 minutes playing Modern Warfare 2 with my best friend who I met when I was still in Elementary School, I also believe that I act like I am 12.

Matt    2

I'll be 26 - yet another person whose birthday is just before school starts. If I believed in astrology, I might think that us Virgos are predisposed to the study of law. ;)

HoFChaos    920
I'll be 26 - yet another person whose birthday is just before school starts. If I believed in astrology, I might think that us Virgos are predisposed to the study of law. ;)

I'm a leo :)

thendo    8

I'll be 24, god willing.

and that god willing is for me getting in, not me being 24 next september, although, if i dont get i might end up looking for a tall building to throw myself off of, lol, so we'll let the god willing apply to both.

I'll be 22. I know I'll be one of the youngest. My 6-7 years of minimum wage experience has convinced me to go straight to law school after undergrad, haha.

jkhou    0

haha good one. where did u work?

I'll be 22. I know I'll be one of the youngest. My 6-7 years of minimum wage experience has convinced me to go straight to law school after undergrad, haha.

toughcookie    1

Another virgo here! hahaha maybe it's written in the stars ;)

ill be turning 22 shortly after school starts.

SBR83    0

From this thread the first-year average age skews younger, but all law schools admit mature applicants. Not that it is a bad thing to potentially complete law school and articling a few years ahead of turning 30. i've heard it makes the studying easier.

utmguy    1596
sounds like me

Friggin' 2+ years of Wal-Mart. I've also picked cucumbers, painted houses, cleaned hotel rooms, and been one of those obnoxious phone survey people. I'm sure I'll have another gem of a job this summer, too, and it will be twice as depressing because I'll have a degree.

toughcookie    1

Friggin' 2+ years of Wal-Mart. I've also picked cucumbers, painted houses, cleaned hotel rooms, and been one of those obnoxious phone survey people. I'm sure I'll have another gem of a job this summer, too, and it will be twice as depressing because I'll have a degree.

I know exactly what you mean. I wish there was a way where I could skip this summer and another amazing summer job and just head straight into school.