1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 910

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 238

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   63 Members, 1 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

• ohyeah
    • BHC1
    • lawyerwannabee
    • GoWestYoungMan
    • MissRepresented
    • TheWingerGuarantee
    • PzabbytheLawyer
    • lawhopeful1234
    • chrysanthemum
    • Monkey1234
    • Spinnaker
    • garfieldslasagna
    • funkysquirrel0
    • Lui
    • kklawkk
    • ICanHoldMyOwninBirdCourt
    • lawlawlaw123
    • sheller
    • OnlyResident
    • hopehopehope
    • Guest2266
    • TobyFlenderson
    • MJ Law
    • kai11
    • Lawstudents20202020
    • ArchivesandMuseums
    • torontowaxy
    • WhoKnows
    • Psychometronic
    • JurisPrudent
    • Shaheer
    • summergrinch
    • Userl0k1
    • lawschoolkid
    • jtsea123
    • chaboywb
    • olawg
    • osgoode2323
    • RJ43
    • Ben
    • abuttingland
    • todoman
    • Swag
    • multilingualcat
    • Aschenbach
    • GoatDuck
    • legallybird
    • WiseGhost
    • Archaeolaw
    • LegallyExhausted6
    • LMP
    • Casey
    • paulAllensCard
    • Cool_name
    • BlockedQuebecois
    • Phaedrus
    • Rigel
    • QueensDenning
    • concernedut
    • ellywoodsy
    • SpaceTigerX
    • Whisk3yjack
    • ce2299

• Recent Posts

• OnlyResident
      If you wouldn't mind, would you mind naming the shops and what they pay? 
    • LegallyBrunette1
      Accepted yesterday. CGPA 3.64, LSAT 160, strong softs and references 
    • law777
      Thanks for your advice! I have a trial clerkship lined up (at the ONSC) which I will be completing from 2025-2026 (my articling year). I am planning to apply to the Fed Courts, appellate courts (ON and BC) and the SCC next year and see what happens. I did not interview at any appellate courts this year. I only received ONSC interviews, FC interviews, and BC interview first round.  Any advice for what I can do between now and when I apply in 3L to improve my chances of getting an appellate clerkship? Would you say that having publications would improve my chances? I am trying to raise my GPA and do better but sometimes it can be hard with tricky and time-constrained exams and the curve...
    • Mia
      Just finished 1L and in hindsight, there are several things that I regret not doing (many of which were explicitly recommended on this forum).  1. Rest the summer before 1L. I was extremely burnt out coming into 1L. If you can afford to, I'd highly recommend not working and just chilling at least during the month of August before 1L starts.  2. Bouncing off the first point, I recognize that this is definitely easier said than done but try to address any mental health challenges before starting law school. Whether that means identifying healthy coping strategies or learning to set boundaries or learning to effectively prioritize, it cannot be understated how important protecting your mental health is. If you think you may need accommodations, apply for it! I didn't realize that I would qualify until speaking with an upper year a week before exams. 3. Start seeking mentorship before 1L - I realized late into 1L that I was interested in a specific field that I didn't really know existed prior to 1L. I only realized my interest when speaking with upper years later in the year. I would highly recommend connecting via linkedin with upper years at the law school you're attending, especially ones pursuing areas of law that you're interested in. It will give you a better understanding of whether it's actually right for you and if so, what extracurriculars/opportunities are available at your law school to build relevant experience.  4. Get any medical/dental/banking appointments out of the way before you start 1L.  5. Others may disagree, but I found that prioritizing lectures over readings was a much more efficient use of time.  6. Consider participating in a moot. I have never thought of myself as someone who'd enjoy mooting. I only tried it because a friend couldn't find a partner. It ended up being the highlight of my 1L experience.   
    • BHC1
      I do not think there’s anything not normal about how you’re feeling. We all process things in different ways. If it persists after a few weeks, consider seeking professional help. Poor mental health management among lawyers and judges is well documented. Take care of yourself. Congratulations. 
    • garfieldslasagna
      Waitlisted on April 10th, got offer of admission through email and portal today April 19th.  LSAT 163, B20 3.7ish, applied access. Provisionally accepted today as well. Good luck to all those waiting on an A, the waitlist is moving!! 😊
    • LMP
      I've been seeing $92k-$115k as the general range in Toronto.  Can only speak to bonus structure at one or two places but there seems to have been a bit of a positive shift in that direction too. 
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.